Battle Garegga Cheat for cheat.dat

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
daillest319

Battle Garegga Cheat for cheat.dat

Post by daillest319 »

I'm trying to create cheats for Battle Garegga that toggle on/off but am having no luck. Does anyone have the following cheats? or can possibly help me?

One of the cheat i want already exist which enables hidden character...
bgaregga:00000000:10A6A7:000000FF:FFFFFFFF:Hidden Planes 'ON'
i would love to have the same option for the secret modes as well. so i could pre-enable special mode.

Here are the following cheats i've been trying to create.Hopefully they can be created and im not wasting my time...
Extended Mode : insert a credit, press and hold A and press Start
Harder Mode : insert a credit, press and hold B and press Start
Stage Edit : insert a credit, press and hold C and press Start
Unlock Special mode (combines extended, stage edit and harder modes) : insert a credit, press and hold A+B+C and press Start
Last edited by daillest319 on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
syndromtr

Re: Battle Garegga Cheat for cheat.dat

Post by syndromtr »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10045
but this is for new cheat format, not for cheat.dat
please test if you can (as i tested, cheat itself works, and when user holds one of (or all) A-B-C buttons and press start, cheat does not operate, player's choice is applied)
daillest319

Post by daillest319 »

Thank You so much :D . You saved me so much time. I'm new to this. If dont mind me asking what the best approach for me to find the cheat? How were you able to find these? anyway thanks again
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

daillest319 wrote:Thank You so much :D . You saved me so much time. I'm new to this. If dont mind me asking what the best approach for me to find the cheat? How were you able to find these? anyway thanks again
first step is examining "current" cheats, i started from current "hidden planes" cheat, it sets a byte to $ff when enabled, so i examined same way with ci ub,100000,10000 - enabling that A+start and then checked with cn -,1 (decrease by one) but no luck. afterwards i checked memory 100000 - for byte changes, when any button is pressed, 100046 and 10009E - their values change due to pressed button. last steps are easy, wp 10009E,1,r for ex. getting code which reads those and sets game mode. that code is at 10916. according to which button pressed, it sets 10A6B0 with those values.. at last i figured out how stage edit works (code at 10242- checks byte 10CA0F - if it's FF stage edit is always on) and installed cheats using action condition..