[ffight] Final Fight. Always have (Weapon)?

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Pax

[ffight] Final Fight. Always have (Weapon)?

Post by Pax »

Hello to the community here! I've been enjoying the good work of everyone here to create cheats for every game out there in MAME! I used to create some cheats myself, searching for addresses, etc. But now I'm not so sure how to do that. So, I come here humbly to ask for a cheat I was trying to create for some time.

I want to do a "Always have weapon" and the options selectable: Knife, Muramasa, Pipe. I know it can be done but I really lack the know how in this new era of xml cheats.

If someone can do this I will be eternally grateful! And many other too, I'm sure!

Regards.
syndromtr

Re: [ffight] Final Fight. Always have (Weapon)?

Post by syndromtr »

hi, as i had research about that cheat, (always have weapon) it seems there are multiple memory locations holding those values and they cannot be set when player has nothing in hand. weapon getting routine is complicated, not performed with a few commandlines, also graphically, it's nearly impossible to set weapon graphics when player has no weapon in hand..

even if player holds a weapon, changing its value is nearly impossible (switching weapons) if you want to "really" find this cheat 100%, i can tell what i've found so far, anyway, while searching for this, found 3 new cheats and they're here : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10437
Pax

Re: [ffight] Final Fight. Always have (Weapon)?

Post by Pax »

Hi! Great job!

So that's why I could never pinpoint the address... My initial idea was to add the always have weapon, and the new system is more complex for me, so I didn't knew if I was making a mistake.

Now I'll start from here to try to develop the next best thing: Never lose knife, even after throwing it. Basically, once a knife is acquired, maybe we could hold onto it? We could throw infinite knives or avoid losing it if too far to melee.

I'll try to do this, any help is appreciated but you've done more than enough to put me in the right track.

Regards!