Help...cheat not showing up in MAME 0.154

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
isamu

Help...cheat not showing up in MAME 0.154

Post by isamu »

Pugsy please help, I am using the UME64bit v0.154 and the cheat option is not listed in MAME's emulator UI (the menu in the emu that pops up after pressing Tab). Usually it's supposed to say "cheat" but it's not there. I have MAME pointed to the latest cheat.7z file from this site and of course it's enabled in the MISC options. Please help.
I will commit seppuku if Team Marubaku does not upload replay video footage of OutRun 2SP by the end of July!
Tafoid

Re: Help...cheat not showing up in MAME 0.154

Post by Tafoid »

Using a front end? UME by default has no front-end other than the internal menus and there is no way to enable cheats from there.
Check for a UME.ini. If it doesn't exist, create one ("ume -cc" in command line). Edit that file in notepad, looking for "cheat" and change the 0 to 1. Save and restart UME.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Tafoid wrote:Using a front end? UME by default has no front-end other than the internal menus and there is no way to enable cheats from there.
Check for a UME.ini. If it doesn't exist, create one ("ume -cc" in command line). Edit that file in notepad, looking for "cheat" and change the 0 to 1. Save and restart UME.
Already done that and yes, I use the best fronten....QMC2, which even has the option to change and apply all the settings UME.ini has, and writes directly to the file on the fly. So yes, I'm sure 100% it's enabled.

Tafoid are you using UME64 and if so, are cheats available on your end?
I will commit seppuku if Team Marubaku does not upload replay video footage of OutRun 2SP by the end of July!
Tafoid

Post by Tafoid »

isamu wrote:
Tafoid wrote:Using a front end? UME by default has no front-end other than the internal menus and there is no way to enable cheats from there.
Already done that and yes, I use the best fronten....QMC2, which even has the option to change and apply all the settings UME.ini has, and writes directly to the file on the fly. So yes, I'm sure 100% it's enabled.

Tafoid are you using UME64 and if so, are cheats available on your end?
Works fine in my UME64 I built 2 days ago .. tested ume64 pacman -cheat and all CHEAT options was there along with all the cheats. There has to be some conflict or QMC2 is reading the wrong.ini for your binary? Handling options with external programs is difficult at times. I would also try in a completely clean folder, making a ume.ini, setting the cheat/rompath functions, adding the cheat.7z file to that same folder and trying that via command-line.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Tried it on a fresh install in a new folder without the frontend and just running the executable. Works fine there. Arrrgh....something in my ini files seems to be conflicting with it. But what do you suppose it is?
isamu

Post by isamu »

OK I figured it out bro...

At first, I had the UME.ini file pointing to the "cheat" folder before, when the actual zip was inside it, but the cheat option did not show up so I deleted the "cheat" folder altogether. So then, what I did was change the cheatpath again to the root UME folder and put the cheat file directly in there, then started the game and it still didn't show up.

But then I noticed something strange....after exiting the game, the emulator seemed to have re-created a new "cheat" directory with a file inside called "output.xml". So then I went back and re-pointed UME64 to the new cheat folder again, and voila! The cheat option showed up like a f##k BOSS!!!!!!!!!

This is something that is definitely new though, as I've never had it do this in previous UME64 installations.