shinobi invisibility cheat doesnt work on boss

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
pepinos

shinobi invisibility cheat doesnt work on boss

Post by pepinos »

on shinobi game on the stage you are trying to kill the mandara boss(its level 3 or 4)...when you destroy the dolls and then you want to destroy the mandara boss using invisibility...the boss cant be destroyed...so you have to deactivate invisibility in the very beggining of this stage

can this be fix?
Pugsy

Re: shinobi invisibility cheat doesnt work on boss

Post by Pugsy »

Thanks, for the report but there is nothing wrong with the INVINCIBILITY cheat. The problem lies with the Power Up Gun cheat with which you can't kill the Level 3 Boss, I've updated it so that when you disable the cheat it removes the Power Up gun.

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Always have Power Up Gun"><comment>When you disable this cheat you will lose the Power Up Gun - you need do disable this cheat or you won't be able to kill the Stage 3 Boss</comment>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@FFD79E=01</action>
    </script>
    <script state="off">
      <action>maincpu.pb@FFD79E=00</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
pepinos

Re: shinobi invisibility cheat doesnt work on boss

Post by pepinos »

yup you are right

i also tried with the infinite magic in case this stage was stuck...it ended successfully

only with the power up gun stuck

thanks pugsy