Extra Crystal Castles cheats

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Bok

Extra Crystal Castles cheats

Post by Bok »

I've been playing a LOT of Crystal Castles recently and finally got a high score of 825,000.

But I'm very interested in seeing just how high the scores can go, given the information from Mark Alpiger out on the web.

having unlimited lives or invincibility does not help as the biggest thing is to eliminate gemeaters so you a) get 500 points for them and b) they don't eat the gems (99pts each)

I wonder if additional cheats are possible to test this out?? :

1) always eat the gemeater (probably difficult to do)
2) no gemeaters
3) no trees
4) no balls
5) no bees
Bok

Re: Extra Crystal Castles cheats

Post by Bok »

for #1, I think each gemeater likely has it's own location. One of them might be 0x8413, I was watching that location and possibly changes to 3 when eating a gem. No idea how to make that a cheat though.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Had a slightly different outlook on how to achieve that you get all the gems (points 2-5).....it does mean the gem eaters no longer collect them in a way that makes them eatable. So I've also made a cheat that makes all enemies eatable....if you only enable it for gem-eater collisions it will do what you want.

Add this to the ccastles.xml (they may work for the clones but they are ROM cheats and more often than not they won't).

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Get rewarded for any gem collected">
    <script state="on">
      <action>temp0 =maincpu.mb@BFF5</action>
      <action>temp1 =maincpu.mb@B0A7</action>
    </script>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.mb@BFF5=00</action> <!-- Pt 1 Get Points for any Gem collected by any creature as if you collected it, Pt 2 make sure you get the Last Gem reward -->
      <action>maincpu.mb@B0A7=00</action>
    </script>
    <script state="off">
      <action>maincpu.mb@BFF5=temp0 </action>
      <action>maincpu.mb@B0A7=temp1 </action>
    </script>
  </cheat>

<cheat desc="Eat ALL enemies on contact">
    <script state="on">
      <action>temp0 =maincpu.mb@B1FE</action>
    </script>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.mb@B1FE=00</action>
    </script>
    <script state="off">
      <action>maincpu.mb@B1FE=temp0 </action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Bok

Post by Bok »

That's awesome, works great!!! Thanks.

Just did a quick run, warping to 8 (using a mouse which is not ideal, didn't want to lose my scores on my cabinet!) and got 915,000, which is actually only 5K higher than the world record
Mjasso

Post by Mjasso »

Dear Sirs:
You can put INFINITE BONUS TIME 200,000. To see if you get the 1 million ponits. As a cheat. You see this at the end of the game. The bonus Time.

From Marcelo Jasso S.
Mjasso

Post by Mjasso »

Dear Sirs:
You can also make bently bear invicible without the hat. So you can grab the remaing hats for points. as a option. invicible (without the hat) and invicible (with the hat). So you can kill berthilda the witch.
In the level 9 the hat turn into a ball. A cheat that dosent turn into a ball the hats.
I think the game has all cheats.
From Marcelo J.S.