[nbajamt1] [nbajamt2] “Fatalities Enabled” cheat

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
editing101

[nbajamt1] [nbajamt2] “Fatalities Enabled” cheat

Post by editing101 »

Hello everyone, being a fan of NBA Jam TE, I’ve come across a cheat that let’s you perform ‘fatalities’ in [nbajamt1] and [nbajamt2]. While it is possible to enable this cheat with button presses, I think it would be much easier if it was adapted into a ‘cheat option’ in the mame cheats menu. NOTE: This only works of revisions 1 and 2 of TE.

Normally, on the team select menu, if you hold PASS, then hold UP, and then quickly press PASS 9 times, a box drops down indicating ‘fatalities’ are enabled!

Here’s a few screengrabs to confirm it’s existence:

Image Image

Image Image

I haven’t discovered all of the effects yet, but one of them I found was that when you are ‘on fire’ and shove the other players, they start to burn up like MK’s Scorpion fatality (see above)!

I have save states before and after if anyone needs them. Thanks in advance :D !
Pugsy

Re: [nbajamt1] [nbajamt2] “Fatalities Enabled” cheat

Post by Pugsy »

Sounds interesting, just did a quick check and I think 10f10d0 is the address...
Add to nbajamte1.xml and probably nbajamte2.xml

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Fatalities Enabled!">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@010F10D0=01</action>
    </script>
    <script state="off">
      <action>maincpu.pb@010F10D0=00</action>
    </script>    
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
editing101

Post by editing101 »

Holy crap that was quick! I can confirm cheat is working on both revisions 1 and 2 a-ok. Big thanks to Pugsy :D!
ViolatedBird

Post by ViolatedBird »

Any chance of a video for this?

This is kind of amazing. I just found a newsgroup post from the 90s where a guy is claiming to have seen the "Fatalities enabled" cheat in action, but no one believes him.
DarthMarino

Post by DarthMarino »

ViolatedBird wrote:Any chance of a video for this?
I made a quick video of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsW9dk2yFA4

It's crazy how there are still undiscovered secrets like this and the Mortal Kombat menus that are just being discovered.