[gtfore**] Tournament courses

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
HazeWIP

[gtfore**] Tournament courses

Post by HazeWIP »

The GTFore games have a number of courses in each version that were only available in online play.

If you look in the audits menu for gtfore02 fore example you'll see Castleshire and Maple Acres listed (as well as total Tournament Course games)

Neither of the courses can be selected from the menu, and it's possible the Tournament course is another additional course with selected holes from all of them.

I'm having trouble doing any cheatfinding with the drivers (no memory regions found) so I'm wondering if you fancy investigating these a little and seeing if it's possible to force it to run those courses in offline mode (some kind of level select style cheat?) so that we can see if there are any differences between the versions appearing here and the versions of the same courses appearing in the other games.
Pugsy

Re: [gtfore**] Tournament courses

Post by Pugsy »

Good info, here's a quick one for gtfore02...I'll have a look at the others when I get more time. Unsure about the side effects..might be best to turn it off after you start the course.

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Select Course">
    <parameter>
      <item value="0x01">Pine Meadow</item>
      <item value="0x02">Bayside C.C.</item>
      <item value="0x03">Rattlesnake Ridge</item>
      <item value="0x04">Mystic Hills Nine</item>
      <item value="0x05">Crimson Rock Nine</item>
      <item value="0x06">Pine Meadow (Repeat?)</item>
      <item value="0x07">Bayside C.C. (Repeat?)</item>
      <item value="0x08">Rattlesnake Ridge (Repeat?)</item>
      <item value="0x09">Castleshire</item>
      <item value="0x0A">Maple Acres</item>
      <item value="0x0B">Mystic Hills</item>
    </parameter>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pb@8215CD58=param</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
HazeWIP

Re: [gtfore**] Tournament courses

Post by HazeWIP »

Thanks

it looks like they are the same courses you find in GtFore06, although I haven't analyzed them in any detail to see if any of the object placement was changed.

this is actually really interesting because it means these courses weren't available outside of tournament play on 02 until they were released in the 2006 edition, had 06 not been released this would of course be even more interesting.

item value="0x0B" Mystic Hills is just another duplicate btw.

it appears (from the menus) that every game aside from 01 and 06 have 2 additional courses which later appeared in 06; even the upgraded 'extra' versions of 04/05 don't enable those courses but instead add 2 different ones that can be selected normally while leaving the tournament ones hidden.

the service mode still lists 'tournament course' in addition to these, but I don't know what exactly that one was, maybe it really was one that got downloaded as and when it was needed, or the stats simply aren't being counted there because the game isn't in tournament mode.