Wargods play as bosses

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Solstar

Wargods play as bosses

Post by Solstar »

i thought it was present in old chat files but maybe i was wrong

i did my best with cheat engine but couldn't find the value that allows you to change character\play as bosses.any help?
DarthMarino

Re: Wargods play as bosses

Post by DarthMarino »

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the home ports?
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

DarthMarino wrote:Are you sure you aren't thinking of the home ports?
not really,as there are "proper" cheats to play as them in the console ports

maybe you can tell me what should i look for to in the new cheat engine to play as them?
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

..anyone?
AdmiralMcFish

Post by AdmiralMcFish »

I can't help you with making the cheat itself, but I can help you with the character values:

The character values for Wargods are:

00 - War Head
01 - Tak
02 - Voodoo
03 - Pagan
04 - Kabuki Jo
05 - Vallah
06 - Ahau Kin
07 - Anubis
08 - Cy-5
09 - Maximus
10 - Crox
11 - Exor

I learnt these from using gamehacking.com . Often, console ports with action replay codes will give away which character values are which, a fair amount of the time. When playing as Crox, you need to start with him in 2-player mode, I found, as he would crash the game otherwise. After that, you can play through as him in arcade mode, at least until the mirror match against himself, when the game will crash.
Solstar

Post by Solstar »

so it means that you tried those codes on mame?ù

finding the latter values is not difficult,since i always start looking for numeric values that start for 00 etc.the real problem is finding the main code for it.

i found a code that actually changed the last values to the ones youbgave me,but even when i change the value,nothing happens and the game begins with the character the cursir was last on
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Here's a quick nasty cheat that allows you to select them using the character select menus

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Select Bosses using middle blanks"><comment>Move right through middle to select Crox, move left through middle to select Exor</comment>
    <script state="run">
      <action condition="maincpu.pd@C7FEC5==03 AND temp0==01">maincpu.pd@C7FEC5=0A</action>
      <action condition="maincpu.pd@C7FEC5==09 AND temp0==05">maincpu.pd@C7FEC5=0A</action>
      <action condition="maincpu.pd@C7FEC5==05 AND temp0==0B">maincpu.pd@C7FEC5=0A</action>
      <action condition="maincpu.pd@C7FEC5==01 AND temp0==03">maincpu.pd@C7FEC5=0B</action>
      <action condition="maincpu.pd@C7FEC5==05 AND temp0==09">maincpu.pd@C7FEC5=0B</action> 
      <action condition="maincpu.pd@C7FEC5==05 AND temp0==0A">maincpu.pd@C7FEC5=0B</action>      
      <action>temp0=maincpu.pd@C7FEC5</action>       
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)