[UMK3] Fix for 'Get over here' ?

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
CheatFinder Private

[UMK3] Fix for 'Get over here' ?

Postby INVorig » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:49 pm

could somebody create a cheat, that fixes the sound problems
with scorpion (human smoke)?
'Get ov___' and 'Com__'
instead of 'Get over here' and 'Come here'.

I know, that this problem is from the original 1.0 source (but has been fixed later)
But as some of you have done amazing jobs on MK2 (missing sounds etc.),
I thought it might be possible to find and eliminate that sound-problem in UMK3 too.

(Note: Similar problems are also to be found in Stryker's Babality and some Friendships (UMK3 and MK3), that are interestingly connected to the stage on which they are done)

CheatFinder Private

Re: [UMK3] Fix for 'Get over here' ?

Postby tehdrewsus » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:09 pm

This problem is also found in 1.1 and 1.2. Sources incorrectly say that it was fixed. The problem exists on MAME and on arcade hardware, but isn't present in console "arcade" versions (MK Arcade Kollection, XBL Arcade UMK3, etc), because sounds are run through a sound emulator on those ports.

I'm not really knowledgeable on how to make cheats, but I do know where the source code is found to allow GET OVER HERE to not be cut off. However, it disables the blood spatter sound that's created by some special moves, including Scorpion/Human Smoke's spear (obviously), Robot Smoke's spear, Kung Lao's hat throw, Kitana's fan throw, Stryker's gun, etc).
Project: UMK3 Revision 1.3 - Update to 1.2, completing the game and addressing bugs/glitches.
I fixed the Subway stage crash with Scorpion's Pack fatality! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJXKfSpJTVQ
Check out the current public beta for Revision 1.3! Download link and changelog in video description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uQ2WlTTp3s

Return to “M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheat Requests”