[mkla3] Delay "Name Wins" After Fatality.

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Reeve

[mkla3] Delay "Name Wins" After Fatality.

Post by Reeve »

There's a bug in this game that allows you to perform 2 fatalities with Johnny Cage against the same character and chopp off 2 heads. There's 1 (just one) video on youtube where the guy is able to perform 3 fatalities instead of the usual 2. Thing is, the 3 heads fatality is a kind of myth from the 90's where people would say they were able to perform the trick or saw someone doing the tripple fatality. I asked about the trick to the guy who posted the video on youtube and he said there's a rare glitch that delays the victory name after the fatality and this gives you enough time to perform an extra fatality making it 3 heads instead of 2.

Thing is I remember experiencing this delayed message like 3 times in the 90's when I used to play this game a lot, but it is indeed very rare to happen and no one knows how to reproduce it.

My idea here is just to find a way to delay the message as a test to see if delaying the message will really allow to perform as many fatalities as possible before the name appears, as if the name on screen is what blocks the game from accepting more inputs.

After proving this fact I may use the information to watch the memory related to what calls the "Wins" message to see if there's anything that we can do during fights to change the normal value of the address and make the 3 heads fatality happen without the need of cheats.

I tried to find the address myself, but the lack of experience didn't help. Thanks in advance for whatever help you guys may offer.

Edit: I should also mention that this is probably the last non discovered trick of the original game and that Boon and Tobias honored the glitch in MK2 making it an official fatality for Johnny Cage and the MK11 Deadly Uppercut 3 attempts to chopp off the head of the opponent is also a throw back to this glitch in the original game.

I've been playing the game myself normally as I'd do in the 90's in the hope that the delayed winner message happens. I've been putting a savestate everywhere during the attempts to try and figure out what is happening if I manage to get the glitch to show up. Maybe, with the save states, you guys can also figure out the criterias for the glitch to happen.