auto fire Galaga

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
thomasfer

auto fire Galaga

Post by thomasfer »

could someone please find an auto fire code for galaga it would go great with the fast shoot code because all you have to do is hold the fire button down and shoot like crazy or so I think
thomasfer

autofire

Post by thomasfer »

come on i was able to find it on the gameshark for the playstation by accident if need be i could post the GS code for someone to convert
ugetab

Post by ugetab »

It's quite possible that the GS version uses a different version of the game, as well as a signal interperter. If you found a 'Joker' code, and kept setting it to 0 when it reached the 'Fire' status, that has the potential to achieve the same effect. I tried finding a similar method for galaga, but never could pin down an address.
thomasfer

Post by thomasfer »

the gameshark code I found for galaga on the namco museum vol1 on the playstation for auto fire is 30197aa0 000d but i tried doing a conversion of my own by taking the mame cheat code for galaga infinite lives 9820 and the all challange stages code from mame cheats 9825 I would find the difference between the two using a hex calculator which is 5 then i would take the playstation GS code for infinite lives 301a3e40 0003 and add 5 to this address which is 301a3e45 0001 turn on the code and start playing the game and what do you know i have all challange stages now i tried taking the infinite lives code 301a3e40 and the auto fire code ifound 30197aa0 and using a hex calculator and minus on from the other and come up with a difference of c3a0 so i take this number and minus it from the mame cheat code for infinite lives 9820 and minus c3a0 and come up with ffffffd480 but that code wont work.
georgi0

Re: auto fire Galaga

Post by georgi0 »

hello did you manage to find the cheat for autofire in galaga?

i have mame64 installes in windows and ROM galaga fast

thanks
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

MAME has a built-in autofire menu which becomes available when cheats are enabled, just press Tab and go into the cheat menu and the autofire settings will be at the top. Unfortunately that wasn't an option 16 years ago when this topic was abandoned.
crazyc

Post by crazyc »

Heihachi_73 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:20 pm MAME has a built-in autofire menu which becomes available when cheats are enabled,
Was removed. You have to use "-plugin autofire" and configure it in the "Plugin options" menu.