Please Help:CPU Controled Characters in Mortal Kombat

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Magius74

Please Help:CPU Controled Characters in Mortal Kombat

Post by Magius74 »

I have been running searches for 4 days trying to find a way to turn on CPU control of both PL1 and PL2 in Mortal Kombat. I want to stage battles between two CPU controlled characters of my choice on a background of my choice, but to do this I need to make three cheats. One to enable CPU control for both characters. Another to select all characters in the game including Reptile and the last is to pick the actual background they fight on. Now the CPU contol code doesn't exsist in any cheat file I have seen. There are working character selection codes but no way to select Reptile. I have Stage Selection codes but they don't work. Here is what I have tried. I am loading the version 5.0 romset of MK. I have searched many times for CPU control codes by doing status (bits and flags) searches and even the "slow" Changed or not search and everytime I find and address that changes values exactly in time with wether PL1 is CPU or Human, I edit the cheat file to make a new cheat to change that address and I try it, nothing happens! Secondly with selecting the background I can't get the Stage select code to work but I did my own search and was able to get a code working that changes the "Stage" that you are at in the single player game, in other words how far you have advanced into the game, but this doesn't really change the background you fight in just how many fights untill you get to the end of the game. As far as the Character selection, ya the exsisting codes work fine, but why no Reptile? Of coarse I have tried puting in higher values for the cheat, since Shang Tsung is a value of 08 then maybe (I thought) Reptile would be a value of 09. Of coarse it is not that easy. So how can you select Reptile? I thought about setting a warchpoint at the address for character selection and then getting to Reptile normally in the game but I can't seem to get to him normally in the game, I can't get shadows to fly across the moon.

Anyway I was hoping that someone might be able to give me some advice about finding these cheats that I am looking for or maybe even share them with me if they know where they are. BTW I am also wanting to do similar cheats for MK 2 and 3. Boy sounds like I got alot of work ahead of me.
Magius74

Post by Magius74 »

Well no one has offered any advice yet but despite that I have made some progress. I have managed to find the address to control what background you fight in. The address is 0020A304 and the values for each stage are as follows;
01=The Courtyard
02=Palace Gates
03=Warrior Shrine
04=The Pit
05=Throne Room
06=Goro's Lair
07=Goro's Lair
08=Throne Room
09=Goro's Lair
0A=Bottom of the Pit
This code should be activated on the Character Select Screen for best results , it works in both 2-player matches and the single player game, but in the single player game regardless of whats selected the last 3 fights (Endurance 3, Goro, and Sheng Tsung) will always take place in Goro's Lair.

Also in my previous post I mentioned that the "Select Current Level" and "Select Next Level" code did not work for me and that I did find a code to jump ahead in the single player game. Well here is the address for that too, its 0020A342. The higher the value you enter takes you that much higher up in the single player game. So if you enter 07 you will jump up to the Mirror Match or 08 for Endurance 1 or 0B for Goro. A word of warning though if you jump up to Endurance 1 or Higher the level screen will not scroll up and freeze the game, so if you want to jump ahead that far you must hold down on of your attack buttons to skip past the level screen and go right into the fight. Also regardless of were you start, except Endurce 3, Goro, and Sheng Tsung, your first background will be The Courtyard. But of coarse you can use my background select code to change that.

So I have made some progress but I still would like some help trying to find the CPU Control for both PL1 and PL2 and a way to select Reptile at least controlled by the CPU, controlled by Human would be great too.
Thanks in advance to anyone that is willing to help me out.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Interesting. Can you make stage select codes for MK2 and UMK3?
I will commit seppuku if Team Marubaku does not upload replay video footage of OutRun 2SP by the end of July!
ugetab

Post by ugetab »

You can find the Scorpion>Reptile codes in the regular cheat forums.

Start a 1-player game with player 1, and on the roster screen, set PL1 and PL2 character to who you want(with the codes), and activate the Computer Controlled code. When the fight is over, and it says '(Player) Wins', use the Human Controlled code. When it says 'Round #', use the Computer Controlled code again to let the battle resume. If the battle ends while both players are still computer controlled, you'll get the Game-Over screen. Since this is just for 1 person and 1 purpose, I don't see the need to replicate this across all MK1 variants. The Yawdim variant of MK, the fastest variant of MK1 by far, has graphical errors from the ROM hacking. These codes will also only work on the T-Unit versions of the game. If Y-Unit/Yawdim codes are needed, you'll get them by request.

Code: Select all

:mk:00000001:20A240:00000000:0000FFFF:PL1 Computer Controlled Now!:Enable on the roster screen. There will be a game over after the first fight
:mk:00000001:20A240:00000001:0000FFFF:PL1 Human Controlled Now!:Enable this when it says '(Player) Wins', then activate the other code when it says 'Round #'
Note: There is no search configuration that will search the 200000 - 210000 range of memory. Sorry you wasted your time with 4 days of searches that could never reach that area.
Gemini

Re: Please Help:CPU Controled Characters in Mortal Kombat

Post by Gemini »

Can someone please find these cheats: PL1 Computer Controlled Now! and PL1 Human Controlled Now! :roll:?
I really need these tricks for player 2.
Gemini

Post by Gemini »

someone can find also these cheats for player 2: (PL2 Computer Controlled Now! e PL2 Human Controlled Now!) :) ?
Gemini

Post by Gemini »

Someone can find these cheats also for player2?

(PL2 Computer Controlled Now! and PL2 Human Controlled Now!)
gomarco79

Post by gomarco79 »

Good Afternoon of yawdim as you bring the blacks backgrounds?
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

gomarco79 wrote:Good Afternoon of yawdim as you bring the blacks backgrounds?
This has nothing to do with this topic, 9 posts all asking for the same thing in different places. This pestering method is counter-productive!
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)