New official release of cheat.dat?

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
kbaker

New official release of cheat.dat?

Post by kbaker »

So, is there going to be a new cheat.dat released anytime soon that rolls up everything? I hope so. I came looking for the right cheat.dat and see that the only one is very old and to update it I need to get ShimaPong's work, which is apparently not downloadable right now.

My wish is that all the current cheat data gets compiled and a new cheat.dat gets released every once in a while (like once a month or something). :)

So, anyway...I am just hoping to hear that something like this is the plan because right now it seems like if I wanted the cheat.dat for my MAME machine, I'd be severely behind the curve...and it seems to me a lot of good work has gone on since the 0.81 cheat.dat was released.

Maybe someday I will help too...but I am just getting back into MAME and turning an old cab into a MAME cab...busy, busy...

Anyway, to Pugsy and ShimaPong and anyone else working on cheats.dat...thanks for what you have been doing even if I seem to wish for a more recent cheat.dat. ;)
Kurgan

Re: New official release of cheat.dat?

Post by Kurgan »

kbaker wrote:So, is there going to be a new cheat.dat released anytime soon that rolls up everything? I hope so. I came looking for the right cheat.dat and see that the only one is very old and to update it I need to get ShimaPong's work, which is apparently not downloadable right now.

My wish is that all the current cheat data gets compiled and a new cheat.dat gets released every once in a while (like once a month or something). :)

So, anyway...I am just hoping to hear that something like this is the plan because right now it seems like if I wanted the cheat.dat for my MAME machine, I'd be severely behind the curve...and it seems to me a lot of good work has gone on since the 0.81 cheat.dat was released.

Maybe someday I will help too...but I am just getting back into MAME and turning an old cab into a MAME cab...busy, busy...

Anyway, to Pugsy and ShimaPong and anyone else working on cheats.dat...thanks for what you have been doing even if I seem to wish for a more recent cheat.dat. ;)
Yeah I was sad too that the new cheats are way behind. I know the cheat gurus work hard, but I miss my cheats! :(

Edit: Oops, my bad, I just noticed Pugsy's sig:
Grab the latest "MAME 0.81" cheat file (21 APR 2004) from http://cheat.retrogames.com
A new release should be out before the 2 year anniversary!
Note the last part. So a new release is planned before April 21st of this year! HOORAYY!! I hope it works with a current version of Mame and not a special compile of some old one... *crosses fingers*
kelvSYC

Post by kelvSYC »

Don't ask for new cheat files. They will take longer to come out. As they say, it's done when it's done.

Thread locked.
kelvSYC's Guide to the Cheat Engine - http://members.shaw.ca/kelvsyc/cheatguide.html

The New Move List Cheat Collection - http://mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6469

Underscore Command - What better game is there?