about raiden games and others too

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
pepinos

about raiden games and others too

Post by pepinos »

is there any way,that the counddown procedure can be proceed from 999 to 10....so we cant wait almost 2 minutes to play games, with that bizzare counddown?......can someone make a cheat for this?
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

if you're saying you want to speed up a countdown, pressing F10 overclocks the emulated CPU, to match the full speed of YOUR computers CPU. Simply put, it'll fast foward the game.

I often use it during the start-up, to hasten the initial conifiguration process that arcade games undergo at the beginning. 8)

Just a tip for the impatient amongst us :D
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

thanks ZED ZED for the tip, but unfortunately you bypass the half time for loading waiting

there must be a way(perhaps a cheat too) to convert from 999 to 10(for all games, not only raiden ones)
stephh

Post by stephh »

pepinos wrote:thanks ZED ZED for the tip, but unfortunately you bypass the half time for loading waiting

there must be a way(perhaps a cheat too) to convert from 999 to 10(for all games, not only raiden ones)
You can't fake the timer because many things are tested/done during the countdown :(

But you can use the "Insert" key which acts as a "fast forward" (unthrottle + frameskip 11) :)
You only have to press it until timer reaches what you want, then release it ...

BTW, there is no timer for "Raiden" ! Are you sure you are talking about the good game ?

Image Steph from The Ultimate Patchers Image
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

stephh

no,no i am not talking about the first raiden, but for the other games of that serrie

and also this coundown procedure(from 999)it happens too on other games

i tried to change from 999 to 010 (with the notepad) but unfortunately as you mensioned"many things are tested/done during the countdown"

its up to mametesters i suppose to split the clock untill 3/5 of the original coundown
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

:lol: Ha Ha Ha! I see what you mean now! Yes, it is a longer than normal wait for that one.

Look on the bright side; you've got time enough to make yourself a coffee before entering battle. :)

Aside from the F10 speed-up (which is dependant on much quicker your CPU is to the speed of the emulated CPU), it looks this one can't be short-circuited. :x
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

It's not that big a problem anyway, it only happens on the first load of the game as it stores the result to nvram (as long as you exit the game normally the first time you have loaded it and it doesn't crash).

The only alternative way is to get the NVRAM files off somebody who has sat through the start up sequences...it's what I did when I copied some MAME stuff over to my laptop and it worked a treat.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

thanks Pugsy for your replay

from the way i see it, when i am mark a raiden nvram file--->properties, i must unmark the "file is ready for archive" and "for fast searching,allow indexing service to index this file"i must unmark those 2 options?

or how did you made it?
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

The 'nvram file' is automatically made after playing any game in MAME.

You'll find it in the 'nvram' folder found in your MAME folder.

But the point is, even if you can't find it, from what Pugsy said, you should just have to wait the once, thereafter the game loads much quicker. 8)
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

as you can see from the "properties", i found the folder , and also i was experiment with raiden files

the question is how pugsy can deactivated the files ?

i tried by deleted the whole files of raiden games there.....and then again the coundown start again from 999

pugsy please give us a clue
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

pepinos, you're making this harder than it is! I've followed Pugsy instruction and voila! Works!

Wait through the long countdown.

Then exit the game via the menu screen that is brought up by pressing F2 (which resulted in a black screen for me).

Then press escape, and re-start the game.

I did the above and the result is immediate access to the game. Don't believe me? See for yourself, I made this video for you (and tried out 'Putfile' in the process as a video host):-

Click here to watch the video
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

ZED ZED

may god bless you :P :P :P :P :P ....FINNALY worked out

i tried it on raiden fighters japan set 1 .....it bypassed the coundouwn process..and immidiatelly took me on the screenshot

so, bassicaly we must copy the nvram folder for future use...with the proper use that you said

thanks again

ps: so long now every time that a coundown was over i was just escaped and then re entered.......F2 must be the safe button...i see.....
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

Oh I'm delighted you cracked it :lol:
so, bassicaly we must copy the nvram folder for future use...with the proper use that you said
Yes, but only copy it for when you update MAME to a new version or copying for another computer - save going through the rigmarole again.
long now every time that a coundown was over i was just escaped and then re entered.......F2 must be the safe button...i see.....
I think so. F2 is the 'Service Mode'.

Anyway, the main thing is you don't have so long to wait to play now :D
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

ZED ZED

remind me please the buttons for saving and loading a highscore, and also to save and load a game?

thanks
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

Oh dear, I've never done either!

Taken from MAME help page:-

for saving game:press Shift-F7 and any key to save a state, and F7 and the key you previously pressed to load a state. This way you can save more than one state, for example by pressing A, B, C, etc. after the save or load state key. However, don't expect all drivers to work properly with this.

for high score:

There is a way to get them to save high scores though, by getting a HISCORE.DAT file and placing it into the same directory as MAME.

Note that some games (like many Atari games) keep only the top three high scores; lower scores are deleted. This is faithful to the original arcade games.
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

pepinos wrote:from the way i see it, when i am mark a raiden nvram file--->properties, i must unmark the "file is ready for archive" and "for fast searching,allow indexing service to index this file"i must unmark those 2 options?
Pepinos, what on earth does a file setting have to do with a game's NVRAM, seriously? It's not like it was set to read-only. :roll:
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

Heihachi_73 wrote:
Pepinos, what on earth does a file setting have to do with a game's NVRAM, seriously? It's not like it was set to read-only. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: i was trying a hacking way.....but the trick was on a another way

thanks ZED ZED