FIND OUT Shadowland/Yokai Douchuuki !!!

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
asper

FIND OUT Shadowland/Yokai Douchuuki !!!

Post by asper »

To obtain different endings here is the solution (thanx to Stencio of mamend/gamend):

THE DIFFERENT ENDINGS DEPEND ON HOW MUCH COIN BAGS YOU GET IN THE LAST LEVEL (only in the last level, the 5th level), here is the correct chart:

0 COIN BAG = heaven
1-5 COIN BAGS = human world
6-10 COIN BAGS = beast world
11-19 COIN BAGS = demon world (slave world)
>=20 COIN BAGS = hell

I think that also been touched by an enemy influence the obtained ending so try to use invincibility.

If someone want to implement a cheat for that it will be very useful ! I tryed out myself without success :(
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

hello. since you're an expert on this game, how do you get past this part of the game?
asper

Answer + UPDATE

Post by asper »

You MUST DISABLE ALL CHEATS, otherwise you cannot shoot to the big demon.

To obtain Heaven ending, on the LAST LEVEL you MUST avoid all coin bags and you MUST NOT KILL enemies ! AT ALL !
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

lol, the cheats we use to get past such difficulties, we have to turn off! :lol:

in fact you can use a cheat, 'infinite power'. this allows you to shoot him. so after i beat the demon, i progressed...to here.

i couldn't beat the witch because i had been turned into an old man without firepower, so could only wander about harmlessly. how many more levels are there after this one?
asper

answer

Post by asper »

5 levels.
You had been turned in an old man because you chose to open the box after the mermaid dance. Do not open it (it's an old japanese legend).
ZED ZED

i see the need for this cheat

Post by ZED ZED »

Thanks to your advice, I got through........to hell.
I see what you mean.

Yes, I see why getting to heaven is hard now.
the trouble i had was these fiery red skulls that relentlessly push you around, often right into the coin bags you're trying to avoid. :evil:
asper

answer

Post by asper »

Another thing you have to know of that game is that in level 4, if you collect the 3 items killing the 3 enemies you find in that level (the spirit mountain, the witch and a tree if I well remember) you do not have to kill the big monster with crows on his shoulders.
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

i don't kill that monster anyway, i float through him!

so i got to human world. would have been heaven if i hadn't touched a bag of coins. how did i do it? i used the 'fly' cheat. had i been more careful, i might have got to heaven. i believe you can do it with the cheats there, and persistence.

do tell us us if you get to heaven.:D

ps - i also used 'save state', meaning each time i failed i'd start at the last level straightaway.

UPDATE! I'M IN HEAVEN!

I do you hope you'll all join me, here, in heaven! :D
asper

Heaven

Post by asper »

Yes, I got to heaven, and you will find screenshots of each ending at emuitalia(dot)net/mamend as soon as we finish to prepare the pages , with a lot of other mame endings.
stephh

Post by stephh »

ZED ZED wrote:ps - i also used 'save state', meaning each time i failed i'd start at the last level straightaway.
I might be wrong, but with the save states, it shouldn't be difficult to find where the number of bags is located ...

Could you upload your .sta file somewhere so I could get it (and avoid playing the whole game) ? TIA for what you can do ...

Image Steph from The Ultimate Patchers Image
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

I might be wrong, but with the save states, it shouldn't be difficult to find where the number of bags is located ...
Well they are interspersed throughout the level. I'm not sure it's important, is it? :D

.sta file here - http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=sv8zk3chwyd hope it works.

asper, that is an excellent site. great to see the endings so easily!
MRMIdAS

Post by MRMIdAS »

ZED ZED wrote:
Well they are interspersed throughout the level. I'm not sure it's important, is it? :D

asper, that is an excellent site. great to see the endings so easily!
no, he means where in the memory the value for the number of bags is stored, so you can (hopefuly) make an "always go to heaven" cheat.
Win if you can
Lose if you must
ALWAYS CHEAT!
asper

Answer

Post by asper »

X STEPHH -> I tryed to find out that value but without success :(
Anyway now I got familiar with the new cheats interface as you can see in the cheat posting section, so maybe I will try again to find that cheat but I am not so motivated because I already collected all the endings to show in emuitalia(dot)net/mamend.

Unluckly the .sta files are not useful because some monsters get generated randomly so each play is different from another.

I added this post BEFORE a friend of mine discovered the way to get to heaven.
stephh

Post by stephh »

ZED ZED wrote:.sta file here - http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=sv8zk3chwyd hope it works.
Unfortunately, the file doesn't work for me ("Error: Failed to load state") :(

I still haven't updated to 0.120u1 and I'm using a I686 (mamepp.exe) 0.120 version I have compiled, so which MAME version and build are you using ?

Anyway, the game is told to have troubles with save states ...

stephh

Re: Answer

Post by stephh »

asper wrote:X STEPHH -> I tryed to find out that value but without success :(
What have you tried ? Which search method ? Which search dialog style (see options) ?
Anyway now I got familiar with the new cheats interface as you can see in the cheat posting section, so maybe I will try again to find that cheat but I am not so motivated because I already collected all the endings to show in emuitalia(dot)net/mamend.
I hope that you'll soon be able to update your site with them ...

asper

answer

Post by asper »

I tryed CLASSIC mode with GREATER or LESS and with ENERGY BAR and with EXACT NUMBER search method while collecting bags. I will try with the NEAR TO that I found out beeing more accurate than precise values in the latest games I tryed. Maybe the value decreases insted of increasing or maybe works in a different way I don't understand... but I think it will be easier than I though...

Remember that there is another check-control to go to heaven that is: YOU CANNOT KILL ANY ENEMY MONSTER, otherwise, similar to collecting bags, you go to human, deamon, hell, etc. counting how many monsters you killed.

Thank you for your hel stephh !

x ZED ZED: thank you for your positive comments on the site !
asper

FINALLY !

Post by asper »

Cheats found !!! Reaching heaven had never been so easy !!!
Look at the cheat posting page for more details !
MRMIdAS

Post by MRMIdAS »

nice one!
Win if you can
Lose if you must
ALWAYS CHEAT!