Mortal Kombat: Is a code for auto fatalities possible?

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
triplem

Mortal Kombat: Is a code for auto fatalities possible?

Post by triplem »

I don't know anything about hacking, but I'm wondering if it's possible to make an auto-fatality code, or 1 button fatality?

Or even just make ALL fatalities done the same way? Mostly all I can ever remember how to do is Subzero and Scorpions fatalities... so is it possible to make all characters fatalities block, up, up?
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

yes, i second that.

knowing that you can do spectacularly ghastly kills leaves you feeling somewhat frustrated and impotent when all you can muster is a single punch to knock them out. :lol:
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Not sure about it - there could be a way to make these combinations work as they are usually just bits set, but no-one has found (or probably looked for) anything yet.

Probably the easiest thing to do would be, set everything but the last move on, then all you have to do is press the last button of the fatality to execute it. That's if setting everything at once doesn't work.

I've been trying to do the same thing (1 button moves) on another game, the Tekken series. No luck at all though, apart from the animations (which don't hurt the opponent). Tekken is annoying as each part of the move (e.g. each hit) is a separate animation and some can chain to other moves for different results (like LP,RP,RK or LP,RP,LP,RP for Nina).

Unfortunately, there's hardly anyone actively making cheats these days. In my opinion, if you can do 1-button mahjong cheats, you can do 1-button fatalities. Look for a change in a certain value (or many if they decide to use each byte separately, which really sucks) when each button is pressed. Sometimes it can be 00 to 01, 00 to FF, or almost random values altogether (like 34 to 5A) making it extremely hard to find anything.

The 1-button part is simply an activation key set to the cheat, rather than an actual cheat. It just saves you having to pause the game, go into the cheat menu and turn the cheat on. As the poker machines say over here - GOOD LUCK!
triplem

Post by triplem »

If I knew anything about hacking I'd give these a go myself. But for years I've been playing pj64, and I can not for the life of me work out how those gameshark codes work. Hopefully MAME's arent nearly as hard.

Where do I begin to learn about making mame codes?
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

MAME's ones are much easier to follow. I myself can't stand the GameShark format (in N64 and PlayStation emulators too).
MRMIdAS

Post by MRMIdAS »

Heihachi_73 wrote:MAME's ones are much easier to follow. I myself can't stand the GameShark format (in N64 and PlayStation emulators too).
Really?

I started on the old PSX Action Replay cart, so getting used to the MAME way was a little difficult.

Anyway, I'll give this a look, shouldn't be all that hard.
Win if you can
Lose if you must
ALWAYS CHEAT!
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

MRMIdAS wrote:so getting used to the MAME way was a little difficult.
When you see the new format you might appreciate how good the old format actually was - new format will be more powerful but it comes at a price.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
MRMIdAS

Post by MRMIdAS »

Pugsy wrote:When you see the new format you might appreciate how good the old format actually was - new format will be more powerful but it comes at a price.
Gah crap.

I'll prolly get used to it, but it's the learning to use the p##s thing that'll give me headaches.
Win if you can
Lose if you must
ALWAYS CHEAT!
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

When you see the new format you might appreciate how good the old format actually was
Aaron Giles knew of you, I saw you in brief discussions with him at another message board. And i assume you've been talking privately with him about the new cheat engine.

You did come across a little passive in your tone. couldn't you have been more forceful as to what you wanted? putting to him your needs as a maintainer etc. I'd have thought a coder of his standard could accomodate most things??

the new engine, so far, sounds like a convoluted, bloated version of its earlier and better self!
stephh

Post by stephh »

ZED ZED wrote:
When you see the new format you might appreciate how good the old format actually was
Aaron Giles knew of you, I saw you in brief discussions with him at another message board. And i assume you've been talking privately with him about the new cheat engine.

You did come across a little passive in your tone. couldn't you have been more forceful as to what you wanted? putting to him your needs as a maintainer etc. I'd have thought a coder of his standard could accomodate most things??

the new engine, so far, sounds like a convoluted, bloated version of its earlier and better self!
Well ... As we don't code anything, we can't have everything we want (even if you can't guess how many mails have been exchanged with Aaron) ... So it's a compromise between what we need to convert the huge cheat.dat file and what he needs to fit the other parts of MAME project ... Anyway, apart some tricky things here and there (there were some really weird things you could do but which I wasn't aware of), the new cheat engine works fine ... In fact, the only problem will be to have the 7000+ file in a specific folder, so it might be harder to maintain everything ...

Image Steph from The Ultimate Patchers Image
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

thanks stephh for your reassuring reply.

your post is the most positive i've read on the new cheat engine!

it's just that Pugsy has intimated that it's an unwieldy thing, harder to use and harder to maintain... :x
stephh

Post by stephh »

ZED ZED wrote:it's just that Pugsy has intimated that it's an unwieldy thing, harder to use and harder to maintain... :x
Maintaining 7000+ files will of course be harder to maintain than a single file ! Not to speak about cheats that need to be correctly converted (I'm not sure that everything will be correctly covered in MAME 0.127) ...

The last thing (which will only come after a while) will be for rewritting cheats in a better way than the converter can do so shorten the XML files ...

Anyway, using cheats shall not be that different than the things we have with "old" cheat engine (even if there is no support for activation keys) ... The big "nightmare" will begin when people are searching for cheats (they will need the knowledge of the debugger too) ...

Image Steph from The Ultimate Patchers Image
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

ZED ZED wrote:it's just that Pugsy has intimated that it's an unwieldy thing, harder to use and harder to maintain... :x
For end users the cheat engine should be little different.

I am not 'intimating' anything, for cheat finders it will be harder to use (cheat finding has yet even to be added) and as a maintainer it will be a lot more work.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
ZED ZED

Post by ZED ZED »

Maintaining 7000+ files will of course be harder to maintain than a single file ! Not to speak about cheats that need to be correctly converted (I'm not sure that everything will be correctly covered in MAME 0.127) ...
i'm not qualified to comment on the technical aspect of all this, the 'why's and the 'how's', but I commend your considerable efforts to 'make the best of it' and for being broad-minded enough to adapt.

like anything, change is initially uncomortable but before long we'll be whistling along like a steam train...HOPEFULLY!

And we all owe Pugsy special thanks for programming the converter utility, rather impressive and a great relief for all of us! Big thanks. :D