[wwfmania] - Sans ring - help

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Lurendrejer

[wwfmania] - Sans ring - help

Post by Lurendrejer »

Since the "Sans ring" was never implimented in the game, as far as i can see. I've been looking into doing something similar myself. Removing the ring, as the name suggests doesn't do much good - except letting you fight on a black spot instead of the ring. I scrapped that idea pretty fast.

The rope-graphics can be nulled, but not much fun in that either.

I've been buggering about with letting the wrestlers fly over the ropes without doing the pre-defined fly-over-rope tricks.

As a test i have come up with:
<action condition="maincpu.pb@010E85F8 GT 00">maincpu.pb@010E8A20=01</action>
the 8a20=01 puts the player outside the ring (00 is inside) and the 85F8 checks the height.

In this case, if somebody goes high enough (uppercuts) they get thrown outside the ring. And it works fairly well, although pretty odd if the uppercuttet player isn't standing near the ropes.

010E85D# contains player two's X-coordinate but when using both of these adress and height as a checkpoint, i can't get it to do anything.

If somebody has a lot of time on their hands and like this game as much as i do, they should be able to come up with a solution that could add a little extra to the game.

Sharing my findings: 010E8480 to 010E8900 Controls everything about Player2, coordinates, status, etc.
pl1 is in the 010E75 area and 3,4,5 is a little further "down"

I'm speculating that there might be a flag that controls if a player can go over the ropes or not, settings this when near the ropes could maybe give the wanted effect. I've been trying to locate such a flag by jumping up and down the turnbuckle, since every hit you take standing there will throw you outside.

This is really hard to explain so please forgive me - i'll prolly edit this post a few hundred times before it makes any sense.

Kind regards, Lurendrejer. (I'm fearing that I am developing some sort of ADD thing reg. this game).
Lurendrejer

Re: [wwfmania] - Sans ring - help

Post by Lurendrejer »

I've rethought this and come up with a plan to make a game-changing cheat that allows uppercuts to throw people inside/outside the ring. If paired with a cheat to limit camera movement upwards to hide any missing animations this would work perfectly, and add a lot to the game. I've always hated the invisible wall around the ring.

Since this isn't a cheat, but more of a feature/addition to the game will this be acceptet in the cheat-db if done to near-perfection? What is your stance on these things, pugsy.

On the same note, i've added a ladder creator in the full wwfmania.xml posted in cheats. It makes the cheatlist very long, and could be reduced to just changing the opponents in all the matches at once instead. I just have a personal preference that it is fun to create a whole ladder with different options and see how far i can get on a single quarter. Should i change this to keep the list short, or should i primarily focus on "what works"?

Regards, JH