Help with cheat for Neo-Geo Games

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
abogard

Help with cheat for Neo-Geo Games

Post by abogard »

I know I asked for this before, but it's been a long time and I don't think Pugsy will ever find the time to do this, I know he's very busy and this probably takes a long time. It's about the MLC collection for Neo Geo games, this time what I need is for somebody to please help me do this. I don't know how to convert from the old code to the xml format so all I'm asking for is an example. I have this code

Code: Select all

:fatfury2:00200000:10AB1B:00180008:00FF00FF:Hangetsu Zan:qcb+D
What I need is for somebody to help me convert that to xml format and then maybe I can understand and start doing it myself, believe me I have tried and I'm out of ideas, after that if I can do a fairly decent job maybe I can post the codes here for anybody to use. I deeply appreciate any help.
NotAGoodName

Re: Help with cheat for Neo-Geo Games

Post by NotAGoodName »

Lemme eat this box of Cracker Jacks so I can dig the decoder ring out. Ok there we go.

Using my Little Orphan Annie DAT Format decoder ring, I see this cheat is a bog standard on off cheat which plugs in a double with a mask of 00FF00FF...so it looks like this.

<cheat desc="Hangetsu Zan (qcb+D)">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pd@10AB1B=00180008|(maincpu.pd@10AB1B BAND ~00FF00FF)</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
I'd say this was better suited for two addresses with a byte each, but whatever. That's the literal translation of that cheat. Just compare cheats from old DATs to new XML cheats.
Aww yeah. AMD A10-7850K givin' MAME and MESS systems what for.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

I've chucked the old move list cheats through my dat-xml converter. I can't guarantee that they will work as there was a lot of manual work needed to convert the 24 bit cheats into 32 bit ones in the original cheat file, work which I simply haven't done here.... and the move list stuff has a lot of 24 bit cheats. Be suspicious of any cheats starting maincpu.pd

This may save you some work (and cause some work):-

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tle3ph6i ... ersion.zip

Looking at the cheats I can't say that in the current form that they have any chance of being re-added any time soon.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
abogard

Post by abogard »

Well guys, I really appreciate the answers given and a lot of work advanced by the conversion Pugsy made on all those cheats. As a matter of fact yesterday after I posted the topic I found the answer I was looking for in one of Pugsy's earlier posts giving information on the new cheat engine. So anyway what I can say is that NotAGoodName's conversion is almost like the one I did so just for reference what I did is this:

<cheat desc="Hangetsu Zan:qcb+D">
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.pd@10AB1B=18000800</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
It works beautifully and I already did all the fatfury2 cheats for P1 yesterday and they're working great. I'm planning on working on the games that were not converted by Pugsy and test the ones he already did and maybe after testing I can post them in the forum and let people decide if they want to use them, since I don't have a coded converter is all by hand and a lot of copy/paste work so it will take some time. Thanks again.