[umk3] CPU Fatality (To Pugsy)

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
CLE

[umk3] CPU Fatality (To Pugsy)

Post by CLE »

Hi Pugsy,

I get a save state to always CPU use Fatality in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3.
http://rapidshare.com/#!download|606tl3 ... -1.rar|571

I get this save state using this MAME version:
http://www.romnation.net/srv/emulators/ ... ndows.html

Pugsy, you can take a look for me? Please.

Thanks. :wink:
syndromtr

Re: [umk3] CPU Fatality (To Pugsy)

Post by syndromtr »

sorry for bumping this thread but i had much progress about finding this cheat, now cannot finalize it..
any Midway roms' cheat experts can help?

first, i checked and dissassembled mk2's same cheat (CPU always finishes with fatality). there, just before finish him/her, a specific routine is executed and a subroutine is called. that subroutine sets or clears carry flag. after that, depending on carry flag, fatality is executed (or not)

for umk3, it's completely different. there's a CMOS byte in memory. (memory location is 1401050) it increases one by one when CPU wins and gets finish him/her versus us. when this memory location's value reaches 0A, afterwards, CPU performs FATALITY. and then this byte is cleared again.. it means CPU performs fatality after 10 games next time..
this byte can be resetted by dip switches-test switch ON-Utilities-Clear Game Audits.

for you all to test:
start umk3 with debugger, enter this:

wp 1401050,10,w,1,{maincpu.pb@1401050=0A;g}

result: it will work! from then and afterwards, CPU will always use fatalities. but with a warning (bad CMOS write) text will occur on MAME window.

how can we add this properly to umk3.xml ? (maincpu.pb@1401050=0A won't work)

EDIT: description edited.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Hi, Syndromtr.

I hope you get find this cheat. In some years, Pugsy get find CPU Fatality and others cheats using my saves states for mk1 and mk2. And recently he get cheat for always appears Smoke and Jade in Living Forest in mk2 for me.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3180

I think he can get umk3 and mk3 using save states too.

You know how find cheats using save states?

Well, in the moment I would like if possible, find cheat to Fatality anytime and other for execute Friendship/Babality using punch in last round in mk2.

Thanks!
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

hi again, i performed more alternative ram tests, action condition etc.. but no luck so far (for ram cheat)
so, someone can still help or give hints about that memory location (1401050)
that location cannot be changed with maincpu.rb ob etc via xml file AND debugger (monitor with ctrl+m)

but a good news: now i tested a new inserted routine into a free rom area, seems it's working!
if there will be no easy way possible with that 1401050 location, i'll test and post the ROM cheat..

good i solved midway rom structure.. it's a lot complex to deal with.. i really appreciate who found midway games' cheats before :)
of course i caught them from save states.. as i said, if 141050=09 CPU always performs fatality, and then it's cleared, after 10 normal kills, CPU performs fatality again..

other requests as one punch/kick babality/friendships.. it will take some time, as i need to find keypresses etc..
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

@CLE and others, i posted them in WIP forum, can you test?
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=9846
CLE

Post by CLE »

Hi, Syndromtr!

I take a look in this cheats!

Thanks! :wink: