Lemmings - Extra Time

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
kranser

Post by kranser »

I found the following cheat for Lemmings:
lemmings:0:10A3B3:00:000:1UP Always earn Extra time
However, after earning extra time from the second level, the game crashes. Could this be due to the time being greater than the expected value? And, if that is the cause, does anyone know how we could limit the extra time added so that it's always within the required boundaries?

I know that unlimited time would do this, but I want a challenge as well, so I want to try and get the game to always give extra time after completion of a level.

Thanks,
Kranser.
kranser

Post by kranser »

Yes, I done some more testing, and found that it is probably due to the time being greater than the allowed maximum time.

Does anyone know where the extra time amount is stored? I guess, we just need to set this to a lower value, as well as executing the above cheat code.

The current extra time is 2 minutes (120 seconds), what do you think would be a reasonable extra time amount to earn after completing EACH level (not just the first), without the possibility of going over the maximum?
sum

Post by sum »

stephh posted lemmings time cheat in
viewtopic.php?topic=367&forum=1

lemmings:0:10EFC4:46:000:*UP Unlimited time (1/2)
lemmings:0:10EFC5:34:500:*UP Unlimited time (2/2)
(Copy From the above url)
kranser

Post by kranser »

Well, this cheat gives unlimited time, and takes away the "time" aspect of completing each level as quickly as possible.

The cheat I'm trying to make will give you additional bonus time after each level is completed. The Arcade game gives 3 minues initial time + 2 minutes bonus time (given after completion of the first level). But no further additional "bonus time" can be earned - thus the game will finish after a few levels (when you run out of time), and you must insert more credits to keep playing.

I presume the Arcade game wanted to make sure it had a continuous supply of coins comming in!

It is therefore, impossible to even attempt to complete the game in 1 credit. I'm hoping that my cheat will enable challenging play of the game - without the "continuous requirement of credit" problem. I'm hoping that this cheat is something that MARP could use, to make the game play more extendable.

If anyone has any info on where the "Extra Bonus Time" amount is store, please drop me a line.

Kranser.
sum

Post by sum »

On 2002-02-12 10:01, kranser wrote:
I found the following cheat for Lemmings:

Code: Select all

lemmings:0:10A3B3:00:000:1UP Always earn Extra time
Try

Code: Select all

lemmings:0:10A3B3:00:001:1UP Earn Extra time Now