Dear Pugsy - TTT MAME Cheat Request - please?

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
deathfist

Dear Pugsy - TTT MAME Cheat Request - please?

Post by deathfist »

Pugsy;

Firstly, THANK YOU for your wonderful contributions to MAME with your cheats. A very, very sincere thanks!

Secondly, if I may request a cheat? I've always dreamed of having Jin's "Devil Jin Transformation" stance (along with all his new moves) as a permanent stance in Tekken Tag Tournament, rather than just a one-move-then-lose-it type of thing. Basically, if you're unfamiliar with the game, if you pair up Jin and Heihachi, and then when playing as Jin on screen enter b1+2, 2,2,3 quickly, Jin gains some VERY wicked properties on moves like his Godfist, etc. However, if you're hit or do a move, he'll instantly turn back, and then you have to input the command again.

Is it possible to have a cheat where he retains this stance without having to continually put in the button commands? He also loses energy in this stance, so I suppose he would have to have that looked at also?

I know this request may be tricky, but any and all efforts will be beyond appreciated Pugsy. Thank you for taking the time to read this!
Heihachi_73

Re: Dear Pugsy - TTT MAME Cheat Request - please?

Post by Heihachi_73 »

That would be interesting, especially if it allows Jin to enter/stay in Devil mode without having to team up with Gramps. My guess though is that the Devil Jin moveset is a flag* which is only triggered when teamed with Heihachi, and that the Devil Jin mode is simply a timer like the 1+2+3+4 supercharger, so it should be easy to implement via a normal memory cheat.

* Ogre and True Ogre have a similar flag in Tekken 3 - when the flag is set to 0x01, True Ogre's unique moves become usable and Ogre's Ancient Power counter move becomes disabled, yet they're the same moveset ID and move list.

I have been looking for a way to forcibly execute moves regardless of character, but so far I don't think it's possible to change to moves outside that character's currently loaded moveset. For example, if you wanted to hack in a Deathfist Now! cheat so that any character, even clunky old Jack-2, will randomly send the opponent rolling across the screen on CH for sh!ts and giggles. :)

I have been able to get characters to change animations, but this has nothing to do with their moves list and the animations have no collision/damage properties by themselves, so obviously there is another trigger somewhere (for example if you hit button 1 (left punch), pause immediately and select an anim cheat, the anim will work and the opponent will receive the '1' left punch's worth of damage, yet they actually perform their hurt/guard action as if they were hit by the selected move rather than just a '1' punch in the face). If I could trigger what the actual move was from the start I could probably bypass the anim cheats altogether as it would most likely load the correct anim/coll/pos data from the start, but I'm not sure if the game can access that from inside another character's moves. If only I knew what to look for...
deathfist

Re: Dear Pugsy - TTT MAME Cheat Request - please?

Post by deathfist »

Heihachi_73:

Thank you so much for the explanation, it gives me hope that somehow the cheat will be able to be created!!! I can't thank you enough for giving me this hope!

And also, I can't believe you're in Melbourne, so am I! What are the chances of that? Sir, keep me in the loop please, anything you (or anyone else) can do to make this a reality would be beyond appreciated.

Thanks again.