Easy Electric Wind GodFist move for Tekken 3/Tag - Please

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Friendlyguy

Easy Electric Wind GodFist move for Tekken 3/Tag - Please

Post by Friendlyguy »

In Tekken 3 and Tag, some of the Mishima characters have a very difficult to do move called the Electric Wind GodFist. The characters that can do this are:

In Tekken 3: Jin Kazama
In Tekken Tag: Jin Kazama, Heihachi Mishima

Other games like Street Fighter have cheats whereby one can assign hard notations to buttons, such as easy piledrivers with Zangief for example. Could anybody do something like this for this move? That would be unreal. Thanks to anyone that can help, it is much appreciated!
Heihachi_73

Re: Easy Electric Wind GodFist move for Tekken 3/Tag - Pleas

Post by Heihachi_73 »

After messing around in Tekken 3's ROM code [tekken3ab], I now have Jin performing an EWGF by pressing 1 while standing still, however this means that you can't use his basic left punch in-game.

In fact, *every* move/animation in the game can be performed by doing this, regardless of which character's movelist it came from, with the exception of moves which have multi-part animations (these are obviously programmed into the character's moveset). I don't know if Street Fighter does this or not (e.g. is Ryu's 2-hit axe kick two separate moves or does it simply hit twice as a single move? Ditto Dhalsim's headbutt, Sagat's heavy kick etc. The Tekken version of Ryu's kick, the Tsunami Kick performed by Heihachi/Kazuya/Jin and half a dozen others, has one animation for the 'up' part of the kick, and a second animation for the 'down' part; the second kick).

When tested, moves with more than one linked animation or hit (including combos like the aforementioned Tsunami Kick) will only perform the selected animation and not 'finish' the move in this case. Amusingly, if you assign a throw (the move itself, not the 'grab'), the move will hit the opponent *anywhere* on the screen. Not sure if it can be escaped however (the AI in Tekken 3 rarely ever escapes a throw unlike Tekken 2), and just like the above moves, multi-part throws cannot be performed (so no King or Nina special throws, not even Gun Jack's Ground Zero/Megaton Punch combo - it just teleports you right next to the opponent for a free hit!). Also, throws don't make the opponent do their side of the animation, so they are still free to attack you during your animation. Basically, your character does the 'throw' (if not interrupted) and the opponent still loses the throw's worth of their health despite freely moving about the arena.

I think the only way to do this properly would be the opposite of what I'm doing right now; by somehow finding the button/timing combination for a particular move and changing it, and most likely it will be in some sort of cryptic assembly code that's impossible to read/decode unless you know precisely what to look for.
Friendlyguy

Post by Friendlyguy »

Heihachi_73 - I would HAPPILY take Jin performing an EWGF by pressing 1 - can you make it happen? Please? Thank you good sir!
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

The 1 punch was just a test to see if move substitution would work. A better alternative would be for me to assign the EWGF so it will always come out instead of the regular version, as so:

Tekken 3 (TET2/VER.B) [tekken3ab] (I have excluded the word 'Asia' since it's actually a World set; Asia would be a '4' region in Namco's numbering system)

DAT format for older builds (verified with MAME 0.125):

Code: Select all

:tekken3a:00300000:0008ECF8:8003A800:FFFFFFFF:Jin - Replace Rising Uppercut with Electric Wind Godfist
XML format for current MAME builds:

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Jin - Replace Rising Uppercut with Electric Wind Godfist">
    <script state="on">
      <action>maincpu.pw@8ECF8=8003A800</action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
The delayed Rising Uppercut (non-floating) is not affected. The EWGF is only a 'set' XML command for now (it doesn't need to be constantly poked and remains OK throughout the entire game unless the game is reset with F3 - going into the F2 service menu and 'resetting' the from there won't affect it).
Friendlyguy

Post by Friendlyguy »

Hi;

Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but I'm running MAMEUI64, so I'm a bit lost as to what to do! I don't want to waste your time, are there any faqs I can read to get up to speed?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to programming/messing with hacks. Thanks!
OldSchoolGamer

Post by OldSchoolGamer »

Friendlyguy wrote:Hi;

Hope this doesn't sound like a dumb question, but I'm running MAMEUI64, so I'm a bit lost as to what to do! I don't want to waste your time, are there any faqs I can read to get up to speed?

Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to programming/messing with hacks. Thanks!
Just copy and paste the following code below into the game's cheat file.

<cheat desc="Jin - Replace Rising Uppercut with Electric Wind Godfist">
<script state="on">
<action>maincpu.pw@8ECF8=8003A800</action>
</script>
</cheat>
Friendlyguy

Post by Friendlyguy »

OldSchoolGamer:

Thank you for the reply, but I'm afraid I'm still lost :( I guess I will have to wait until Pugsy updates his cheat file with (hopefully!) Heihachi_73s EWGF changes.

By the way Heihachi_73, I am so sorry to bother you, but if you can, please also put in the option to do EWGF in Tekken 3 or Tag with a single button - please? Up to you of course, I am more than thankful with your changing the regular wgf into ewgf, and don't want to ask too much.

Thank you to Pugsy, OldSchoolGamer and Heihachi_73! You guys rule!
Delan

Post by Delan »

Hi all;

Sorry for bumping this old post, I was wondering if this cheat was ever implemented into the general MAME cheat code database/download? I also have no idea how to put this cheat in manually, would be really nice if I could get some pointers, I tried following OldSchoolGamer's post but nothing I do seems to work. If anyone can help I would appreciate it a hell of a lot, I've tried XML editors etc, just can't get it to work. Please help!