[mk2] Shang Tsung's alternative pose victory

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
CLE

Re: [mk2] Shang Tsung's alternative pose victory

Post by CLE »

If anyone can get convert this cheat to work in the new format, I can make a save state.

But really it would be very difficult to find this cheat using a older MAME without the debugger with a save state?

Thanks!
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

zakria wrote:CLE,I know these cheats also work on Baraka alternative victory.
Abystus,I get these cheats mame32 v 103 very old version but cheat search possible on this emultor.I don,t know how I convert these cheats in xml.It is really hard to understand ending victories of these charcters and normal game victories not in same point.It is a tricky cheat both type victories values check separate not find in comparison both values.I also knows normal victories values.
I check in xml cheats infinite energy cheat and character select and select kombat zone values are same old format only address in Xml is different.I don,t know these cheats are convert or re find these cheats with debugger.
Abystus,I have one solution,you can find this cheat.Only tell me you can find these infinite energy cheat and character select and select kombat zone addresses your cheat search device?
Well, if you can provide the value for his normal win pose, maybe I can attempt to find it during the end of the match (if it stays in memory that is). It will definitely have to be an asm hack to become a plausible cheat. If you know how to use the debugger, set a watchpoint on that address when the value is written (normal win pose), and post the address at which the debugger stops (when it goes to write the value at the end of the round). Using that address, I can most likely speed this process up.
Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.
zakria

Post by zakria »

:mk2:00000000:20D569:0000001F:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s regular Victory pl1
:mk2:00010000:20D56A:00000084:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s regular Victory pl1

Abystus,It is regular victory value.I tried but never understand debugger.

[quote="Abystus"][quote="zakria"]CLE,I know these cheats also work on Baraka alternative victory.
Abystus,I get these cheats mame32 v 103 very old version but cheat search possible on this emultor.I don,t know how I convert these cheats in xml.It is really hard to understand ending victories of these charcters and normal game victories not in same point.It is a tricky cheat both type victories values check separate not find in comparison both values.I also knows normal victories values.
I check in xml cheats infinite energy cheat and character select and select kombat zone values are same old format only address in Xml is different.I don,t know these cheats are convert or re find these cheats with debugger.
Abystus,I have one solution,you can find this cheat.Only tell me you can find these infinite energy cheat and character select and select kombat zone addresses your cheat search device?[/quote]

Well, if you can provide the value for his normal win pose, maybe I can attempt to find it during the end of the match (if it stays in memory that is). It will definitely have to be an asm hack to become a plausible cheat. If you know how to use the debugger, set a watchpoint on that address when the value is written (normal win pose), and post the address at which the debugger stops (when it goes to write the value at the end of the round). Using that address, I can most likely speed this process up.[/quote]
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

zakria wrote::mk2:00000000:20D569:0000001F:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s regular Victory pl1

Abystus,It is regular victory value.I tried but never understand debugger.
Abystus wrote:
zakria wrote:CLE,I know these cheats also work on Baraka alternative victory.
Abystus,I have one solution,you can find this cheat.Only tell me you can find these infinite energy cheat and character select and select kombat zone addresses your cheat search device?
Well, if you can provide the value for his normal win pose, maybe I can attempt to find it during the end of the match (if it stays in memory that is). It will definitely have to be an asm hack to become a plausible cheat. If you know how to use the debugger, set a watchpoint on that address when the value is written (normal win pose), and post the address at which the debugger stops (when it goes to write the value at the end of the round). Using that address, I can most likely speed this process up.
zakria, I was able to reproduce the effect, though as stated before it only appears on babalities (seems to either make him fall down or crash the game in other instances). Your code modifies a ram pointer (location of this pointer is not static, which is why you had to hack it several times) that is several levels deep. It is also heavily accessed for other animation of the character, and seems to be difficult to modify. I will look at it more when I have some time, but for now it will take some skilled reversing to make it a viable cheat. I will also attempt to use my tool (Branch Finder) on it to see if the code is taking a different direction when it is called or not.
zakria

Post by zakria »

Abystus,My English is not good. Ending sequence correct value is work on without babality.I get accurate value but still problem because this alternative victory in game.Player fall down or crash game.CLE,You can check change value of my first 5 cheats.When shang win without babality you on accurate cheat from these cheats.I only change some value because player never fall down babality.
:mk2:00000000:20D48B:00000033:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl2
:mk2:00010000:20D48C:0000009F:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl2
Abystus,how I can get same point.
:mk2:00000000:206254:00000003:FFFFFFFF:select body/moveset for shang(ending sequence)It is also work when you play with as charcter PL2
When upper cheat work on both.I get two point save state,I find this cheat one time.Both values are normal win and alternative win.I only use technique when shang win I only find cheats normal win value and replace alternative win value.
Abystus wrote:
zakria wrote::mk2:00000000:20D569:0000001F:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s regular Victory pl1

zakria, I was able to reproduce the effect, though as stated before it only appears on babalities (seems to either make him fall down or crash the game in other instances). Your code modifies a ram pointer (location of this pointer is not static, which is why you had to hack it several times) that is several levels deep. It is also heavily accessed for other animation of the character, and seems to be difficult to modify. I will look at it more when I have some time, but for now it will take some skilled reversing to make it a viable cheat. I will also attempt to use my tool (Branch Finder) on it to see if the code is taking a different direction when it is called or not.[/quote]
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

zakria wrote:Abystus,My English is not good. Ending sequence correct value is work on without babality.I get accurate value but still problem because this alternative victory in game.Player fall down or crash game.CLE,You can check change value of my first 5 cheats.When shang win without babality you on accurate cheat from these cheats.I only change some value because player never fall down babality.
:mk2:00000000:20D48B:00000033:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl2
:mk2:00010000:20D48C:0000009F:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl2
Abystus,how I can get same point.
:mk2:00000000:206254:00000003:FFFFFFFF:select body/moveset for shang(ending sequence)It is also work when you play with as charcter PL2
When upper cheat work on both.I get two point save state,I find this cheat one time.Both values are normal win and alternative win.I only use technique when shang win I only find cheats normal win value and replace alternative win value.
Well there is a pointer setup that changes to display new animation (your cheat modifies the pointer address to the animation). The trouble is, with this sort of cheat if the memory reallocates then the location changes (this happens a lot in the MK games, and is why you have to hack new addresses each time). The only way around this would be to find the game code controlling the laugh animation (if it exists), or to create some sort of asm pointer in a custom function that writes the values to this address at the right time. Pugsy may be able to provide a bit more help with this if he is interested in looking at it (believe he shy'd away from it last time though).
CLE

Post by CLE »

With this cheat, is possible and easier to find when Shang Tsung, Cage and Baraka alternate winning pose appear at the end of the game, for try compare?

Thanks!
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

Some guys made a game hack for mk2, they also found the Shang tsung's alternate winning pose check it https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=14 ... =2&theater
CLE

Post by CLE »

Hi, Nobunaga!
I've seen videos of this new hack, but you can get some rom beta of this game to make a comparison with the original?

Very interesting this hack!

Thanks!