[mk2] Shang Tsung's alternative pose victory

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
CLE

[mk2] Shang Tsung's alternative pose victory

Post by CLE »

In ending game, Shang Tsung appears with other pose victory (Tsung laugh) in Cast of Characters screen.

Is possible find a cheat to get this other pose victory or the game is programed to apper only in ending game?

*Shang Tsung Normal Pose Victory:

*Shang Tsung Alternative Pose Victory:

Pugsy, you can take a look in this save states to find this possible cheat, please?
http://www.mediafire.com/?dto3y44ddvria3c

Save State 1 - Cast of Characters screen, when Shang Tsung appears with this other victory pose (Tsung laugh).

Save State 2 - Normal pose victory after Shang Tsung Win.

Thanks!
CLE

Re: [mk2] Shang Tsung's alternative pose victory

Post by CLE »

In Saturn and Playstation MK2 versions, Shang Tsung use this alternative pose victory when win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2HYWga6plY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbSF9jBtZ_8

Well, I think is possible in MAME too using cheat.
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

CLE wrote:In Saturn and Playstation MK2 versions, Shang Tsung use this alternative pose victory when win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2HYWga6plY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbSF9jBtZ_8

Well, I think is possible in MAME too using cheat.

That would be great!
CLE

Post by CLE »

Yes, would be great!

I think Pugsy can find this easily using Mame Debugger. But unfortunately he's very busy and can take a look in this requests after sometime.

Let's wait...
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Unfortunately the save states must be taken at the same point in the game to allow me to find the unique branch. A save state ingame and another taken during the attract sequence is not going to help to make a program code cheat or a RAM cheat - I knew this but tried anyway and failed as predicted.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
CLE

Post by CLE »

Thank you, Pugsy!

The Tsung's alternative pose victory appears only in game ending. Never appears during game in Arcade. Unfortuately is impossible get a save state at the same point.
=/

This alternative pose victory always appears during fight only in Playstation and Saturn version.

Pugsy, please, you can take a look to try find a cheat to always perform Friendship/Babality using punch during last round and other cheat to perform fatality during fight in mk2?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3462

Thanks!
CLE

Post by CLE »

Zakria a old member of this forum and great cheat finder finally found the "Shang Tsung Alternative Pose Victory" cheat. He send me a e-mail today with some pictures.

He found some other cheats too for others games. But unfortunately he can't longin in this forum for post your new cheats, because your account has been disabled.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5985

Pugsy, you can enable Zakria's account once again, please? He would like back into forum and I too.

Thanks!
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

CLE wrote:Zakria a old member of this forum and great cheat finder finally found the "Shang Tsung Alternative Pose Victory" cheat. He send me a e-mail today with some pictures.

He found some other cheats too for others games. But unfortunately he can't longin in this forum for post your new cheats, because your account has been disabled.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5985

Pugsy, you can enable Zakria's account once again, please? He would like back into forum and I too.

Thanks!

I think "great cheat finder" is a little bit of stretch, he made more requests than cheats. I did not ban him, he actually requested that he be "kicked" because he did like the fact that his requests went unanswered by me. :-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5985

I'm happy to reactivate his account, hopefully he won't flip again if I don't answer his requests....

For the record my answer in the above topic covers the main reasons why I don't answer some requests - this is a hobby so unless I find it fun or interesting then I generally will skip it. I'm on record many times that I don't like fighters so fighter game requests will need to work "really" hard to pique my interest.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
CLE

Post by CLE »

Thank you, Pugsy!

I'm also very happy with his return!

Welcome back, Zakria!
zakria

Post by zakria »

Thanks Pugsy,You are open heart man.Sorry,I disturb you very much.
Cle,I email you double babality picture.When i send you email.I try to Shang laugh cheat.I found this cheat.I send you very quick second email.I check this cheat work on only two different save states of name 32 v 103.I need some more time to complete this cheat.
Pugsy wrote:
CLE wrote:Zakria a old member of this forum and great cheat finder finally found the "Shang Tsung Alternative Pose Victory" cheat. He send me a e-mail today with some pictures.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5985

Thanks!

I think "great cheat finder" is a little bit of stretch, he made more requests than cheats. I did not ban him, he actually requested that he be "kicked" because he did like the fact that his requests went unanswered by me. :-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5985

I'm happy to reactivate his account, hopefully he won't flip again if I don't answer his requests....

For the record my answer in the above topic covers the main reasons why I don't answer some requests - this is a hobby so unless I find it fun or interesting then I generally will skip it. I'm on record many times that I don't like fighters so fighter game requests will need to work "really" hard to pique my interest.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Ok, Zakria! No problem.

Thanks!
olala

Post by olala »

can you do that tricks for john cage too?
pretty unique code anway:)
dood:)

Code: Select all

say nah to BADood!
:)dood
CLE

Post by CLE »

olala wrote:can you do that tricks for john cage too?
pretty unique code anway:)
Yes! I think is possible for Zakria.

As Shang Tsung, Baraka and Johnny Cage have alternative pose victory too (appears in Cast of Characters screen).

Johnny Cage stops your move victory when put the glasses on and Baraka stops your move when stretch the blades.

All this alternatives poses victory appears when win in PS1 version.

Well, I think when activate the cheat for Shang Tsung pose victory, Baraka and Cage poses victory are active simultaneously.

Let's wait Zakria finish the cheat.
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

The Shang Tsung alternate winning pose cheat will be awesome! :)
CLE

Post by CLE »

nobunaga wrote:The Shang Tsung alternate winning pose cheat will be awesome! :)
Yes!!! And this alternate winning pose exists in MK1 too.
This was found with your sword fatality. The problem is active this animation in MK1 rom.

http://tcrf.net/images/d/dc/MK1ShangTsungLaugh.gif
http://tcrf.net/images/6/68/MK1ShangTsungSlice.gif
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

CLE wrote:
nobunaga wrote:The Shang Tsung alternate winning pose cheat will be awesome! :)
Yes!!! And this alternate winning pose exists in MK1 too.
This was found with your sword fatality. The problem is active this animation in MK1 rom.

http://tcrf.net/images/d/dc/MK1ShangTsungLaugh.gif
http://tcrf.net/images/6/68/MK1ShangTsungSlice.gif

Nice one CLE, looking forward to the cheats :)
zakria

Post by zakria »

I am not good cheat finder because my many cheats are buggy.I think debugger cheats are very clean and better and search engine in mortal kombat not gave good results.Shang alternative pose victory is unused between play game.I find some old format cheats.It happens when you use babality on dead pole stage.I send 5 cheats player 1 victory.First savestate on dead pole stage then you use babality then you can check first cheat.If game is crash,then load state check second cheat.In these 5 cheats must work one cheat and check shang laugh victory.
Sorry CLE,I could not find proper cheat.I see in forum some cheat finders have very good work in mortal kombat.They can convert these cheats in xml because i check old format cheats not work in xml.If these cheats are convert in xml,latest emulators cheat finders find good,clean and bug less cheat.If needs player two cheats,i can find.

:mk2:00000000:20D569:0000007E:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1
:mk2:00010000:20D56A:000000A1:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1

:mk2:00000000:20D48B:0000007E:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1
:mk2:00010000:20D48C:000000A1:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1

:mk2:00000000:20D803:0000007E:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1
:mk2:00010000:20D804:000000A1:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1

:mk2:00000000:20D8E1:0000007E:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1
:mk2:00010000:20D8E2:000000A1:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1

:mk2:00000000:20D647:0000007E:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1
:mk2:00010000:20D648:000000A1:FFFFFFFF:Shang,s Laugh Victory pl1
CLE

Post by CLE »

Sometimes the game crash, but Shang Tsung and Cage's alternate pose victory work a few times after Babality too.

I used the cheat to drain all the energy PL2 and Abystus's finish cheats. When Finish Him/Her appears, turn this cheat into ON and uses Babality.
Using these cheats, has more chances of your cheat work.

Well, I think get a save state before the alternative pose and converting your cheat, is possible to find using the debugger.
Somebody can help.

Thanks!
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

zakria, seem you have found code that moves around (not uncommon). Can you post a link to a current save state where it occurs in a recent version of mame (preferably 0.1.52), along with the address you found it at? You need to modify the assembly to handle the write instead of pokes to memory as it doesn't appear to be static. If you can do that, I'll have a look at making an asm hack for it.
Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.
zakria

Post by zakria »

CLE,I know these cheats also work on Baraka alternative victory.
Abystus,I get these cheats mame32 v 103 very old version but cheat search possible on this emultor.I don,t know how I convert these cheats in xml.It is really hard to understand ending victories of these charcters and normal game victories not in same point.It is a tricky cheat both type victories values check separate not find in comparison both values.I also knows normal victories values.
I check in xml cheats infinite energy cheat and character select and select kombat zone values are same old format only address in Xml is different.I don,t know these cheats are convert or re find these cheats with debugger.
Abystus,I have one solution,you can find this cheat.Only tell me you can find these infinite energy cheat and character select and select kombat zone addresses your cheat search device?