Karnov

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
Zak

Karnov

Post by Zak »

Please can somebody help. I'm using MAME32 (circa 2005 - excellent for my purposes) and therefore I use the DAT file cheats (126 works fine, actually better than that, it's EXCELLENT - good work, congrats!), as xml don't seem to work (if there is a way to get them to work I'd be pleased to hear). Here's the question; I can get most/all of the cheats to work in Karnov apart from the infinite time cheat, if I enable it, once you play any stage the "map" continues to flash rather than flashing and then going solid and seconds later going to the next stage (as it should), can't even use the level cheat to progress further, with infinite time enabled.

The reason I particularly would like to get it working is because I would be able to play the game as standard (no fun if I have to use the invunerabillty cheat), but with the benefit of having time to work out where/what way to go, tricks etc that I vaguely remember from playing it back in the late 80s/early 90s.

If there is a problem, can someone fix it or is there something I can do other than using a more modern version of MAME; and on that subject I'm assuming that the issue may have transferred on to the subsequent xml files; even if I were to use a more modern version of MAME.

PS love this game and thoroughly recommend it, so many innovations - fire ups 1-3, wings, skateboard, boomerang, hidden extras, it was way beyond it's time and plagiarized by many games thereafter... I think. Between it and 1941,1942,1943 (don't know which one it was I played, think 1943) I wasted, but enjoyed, a lot of time in the arcades, socialing, trading tips meeting the rare gurl ;) , mind you in those days gurls went to arcades to pick up boys, ahhh the good ole days when I had hair and was skinny, anyway I digress.

Any helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Zak
Pugsy

Re: Karnov

Post by Pugsy »

Thanks for the report, it seems it was as a long standing bug that hasn't been reported before (unless I missed it). I don't make a habit of posting fixes in old cheat format....but for this once I will (though I can guarantee it will work as I no longer use a cheat .dat MAME to test it with):-

Old Format:-

Code: Select all

:karnov:00000010:6007B:00000099:00000007:Infinite Time::Using Force Range to allow it to go to between 0 and 6 on the map screen

New Format:-

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Infinite Time">
    <script state="run">
      <action condition="(maincpu.pb@6007B LT 00) OR (maincpu.pb@6007B GT 07)">maincpu.pb@6007B=99</action> <!-- Using Force Range to allow it to go to between 0 and 6 on the map screen -->
    </script>
  </cheat>
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Zak

Post by Zak »

Thanks for the effort and reply and realise you no longer update these old cheats, but I am at a loss as to what to do with your reply: you state this is the old cheat
:karnov:00000010:6007B:00000099:00000007:Infinite Time::Using Force Range to allow it to go to between 0 and 6 on the map screen

my dat file shows:
karnovj:0:06007B:99:000:Infinite Time

so which part of:
<cheat desc="Infinite Time">
<script state="run">
<action condition="(maincpu.pb@6007B LT 00) OR (maincpu.pb@6007B GT 07)">maincpu.pb@6007B=99</action> <!-- Using Force Range to allow it to go to between 0 and 6 on the map screen -->
</script>
</cheat>

Do I copy and paste over:
??

Apols again. Hope you find the time to sort me out. If it's not too much trouble.

Actually playing it again tonight and I found if I enable the infinite time cheat then disable it near the end of the level I get the desired effect, if you can give me a solution re earlier I would much appreciate it, but I am happy to use this work around, once again thanks. Having said that, if your're anything like I am, when I'm using Excel at work, you won't be beaten and will come up with a perfect solution... I always strive for perfection!!!
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

You said in the original post :-
I'm using MAME32 (circa 2005 - excellent for my purposes) and therefore I use the DAT file cheats (126 works fine
This format was in use from pre 0.67 so was in use from 2003:-
:karnovj:00000000:6007B:00000099:FFFFFFFF:Infinite Time

so replacing

with
:karnovj:00000010:6007B:00000099:00000007:Infinite Time::Using Force Range to allow it to go to between 0 and 6 on the map screen

should work fine... (both formats were supported for some time as a transitional arrangement)

Also you said karnov not karnovj in the original post...
Pugsy

MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
Zak

Post by Zak »

Apols the version of MAME32 I use is 0.103.0.0
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Zak wrote:Apols the version of MAME32 I use is 0.103.0.0

That should still work fine with the cheat I posted....it supports that format
Pugsy