[mk2] [mk3] [umk3] Dan Forden's face anytime

This FORUM is ONLY for posting requests for M.A.M.E. arcade cheats. The actual cheats should be posted in the M.A.M.E. "Arcade" Cheats forum. For cheat requests a 'please' would do no harm...
CLE

[mk2] [mk3] [umk3] Dan Forden's face anytime

Post by CLE »

Hi!

I would like a cheat to always appears Dan Forden's face (Toasty) after uppercut (and combo too in mk3 and umk3).

In mk2 I only find the cheat to get Smoke Battle holding down + Start (without Dan's face) in all Kombat Zones but I don't find a cheat to appears Dan's face.

Code: Select all

:mk2:39900000:043444:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle
:mk2:39910000:043446:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle (2/4)
:mk2:39910000:04342C:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle (3/4)
:mk2:39910000:04342E:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle (4/4)

:mk2:39900000:043444:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Go To Smoke Battle Without Dan Forden's Face (Toasty) Requirement:In The Portal, hold Down + Start.
:mk2:39910000:043446:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Go To Smoke Battle Without Dan Forden's Face (Toasty) Requirement (2/2)

:mk2:39900000:04342C:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle Chance In All Kombat Zones:When Dan Forden's face (Toasty) is on the screen, hold Down and press Start.
:mk2:39910000:04342E:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle Chance In All Kombat Zones
Thanks!
syndromtr

Re: [mk2] [mk3] [umk3] Dan Forden's face anytime

Post by syndromtr »

hi, without checking that oldformat cheat, i found this, please clarify what will final cheat be?
for mk2:
start with debugger and this command:
bp FF80ECB0,1,{a2=500;g}

go on playing, after your or cpu's uppercut, "toasty" will occur everytime.. in all stages.
btw, i did all those things and also checked mortal kombat wiki, when "toasty" appears, "hold down and press start"
i hold down and press "1" several times but couldn't jump to secret level yet.. in "portal" stage.

you want final cheat will automate those steps, OR enable jumping to secret stage in every stage OR as i posted, display "toasty" after every uppercut? depending your further explanations, i can work on this cheat (above was a fast experiment)
CLE

Post by CLE »

Hi, Syndromtr! Happy new year!

I only request cheat for always Dan Forden's face appears after uppercut every. In mk2 I get this others cheats to find Smoke.

Unfortunately I don't have knowledge in debugger. I only find the cheats using WinHex.
How is this your command in cheat format (bp FF80ECB0,1,{a2=500;g})

Please, you can take a look?

Thanks!
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

CLE wrote:Hi, Syndromtr! Happy new year!

I only request cheat for always Dan Forden's face appears after uppercut every. In mk2 I get this others cheats to find Smoke.

Unfortunately I don't have knowledge in debugger. I only find the cheats using WinHex.
How is this your command in cheat format (bp FF80ECB0,1,{a2=500;g})

Please, you can take a look?

Thanks!
hi & happy new year..
then this cheat prototype will work for you, it can be easily converted to mame cheat..
for this cheat proto, you don't need to have debugger knowledge. just try this:
start mk2 in mame in debugger, with this commandline:
mame.exe -debug mk2 (of course other mame variant can be, like mameuifx32.exe -debug mk2)
debugger window will appear. type this there and press enter. and then close debugger window..
bp FF80ECB0,1,{a2=500;g}

go on playing, and you'll see "toasty" everytime after uppercuts.. afterwards, inform us how to start secret level of smoke?
i think there are some rules for it, just pressing down+start DIDN'T WORK.
CLE

Post by CLE »

You have Smoke Battle chance only in "The Portal" stage. When you is in The Portal and exactly when appears Dan Forden's face, hold Down + Start.

I be waiting the cheat.

Thanks!
CLE

Post by CLE »

Excelent!!!!

I testing this command and this cheat is perfect. And Smoke Battle work too when you is in The Portal stage, but Dan's face don't appears in The Portal in 1 Player Mode and fights vs Secret characters, Kintaro and Shao Kahn because the game is programed for this. This cheat have this effects:

1- Dan Forden's face anytime after uppercut;
2- Smoke and Jade always behind tree in Living Forest;
3- Secret Game Over Screen every;
4- Cage's Red Shadow Kick anytime and with Raiden's shock sound!!!! :D
5- Spikes trick in Kombat Tomb after stage fatality;
6- Kintaro always use firebal in your fight anytime (This error also happens in PS1 when use Dan's face cheat).

Well, you can convert for cheat format. For me this cheat is perfect!

Thanks!
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

this cheat is in its first stage, side-effects unknown..
i can improve it later but tell me, in portal stage : http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/The_Portal
i do EXACTLY same you mention, after uppercut, Dan Forden's face on screen, i hold DOWN and then press START (1)
i do this several times, nothing happens..
but secret game never starts, please test again and make sure that you can enter secret smoke stage..
(any other rules maybe? winning X times, winning with "flawless victory" etc etc)
CLE

Post by CLE »

Yes, using your cheat I get find Smoke Battle holding Down + Start in exactly moment when Dan's face appears too. But you use in 2 players mode because Dan Forden's face don't appears in The Portal in 1 player mode.

Look this video and this site for details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsACEThxi2w
http://www.mksecrets.net/mk2/eng/mk2-ko ... ecrets.php
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

ok thanks at last i got it working BUT this preliminary cheat, as i always mentioned,
in portal stage, "toasty" DOES NOT appear in 1UP game (after uppercuts)..
when 2UP entered into same portal stage, after any uppercuts, "toasty" and i was able to crouch and press "start" and smoke secret level appeared..
we need to name this cheat, will it
1) display "toasty" after EVERY uppercut and will it work in ANY stage? (in ANY stage, when "toasty" is on screen, player(s) can perform down+start and jump to smoke stage?
2) from your message quote, you say: "This cheat have this effects: 1 to 6" afaik this cheat only results with fighting vs smoke, right?
CLE

Post by CLE »

Well, Dan's face only appears in The Portal stage in 2 Players mode because the game is programed for this, to you find Smoke only in 2 Players mode.

1- I found this cheat to you every find Smoke in all Kombat Zones. You can use with this new cheat.

:mk2:39900000:04342C:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle Chance In All Kombat Zones:When Dan Forden's face (Toasty) is on the screen, hold Down and press Start.
:mk2:39910000:04342E:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle Chance In All Kombat Zones (2/2)
04342C - 03 00 / 04342E - 03 00
Is in classic format, but using this, you can find Smoke Battle after Dan's face appears and hold Down + Start in all kombat zones.

Now, I found other cheat for you find Smoke Battle without Dan's face. You only hold Down + Start in The Portal stage. This work in 1 Player mode too, because don't request Dan's face.

:mk2:39900000:043444:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Go To Smoke Battle Without Dan Forden's Face (Toasty) Requirement:In The Portal, hold Down + Start.
:mk2:39910000:043446:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Go To Smoke Battle Without Dan Forden's Face (Toasty) Requirement (2/2)
043444 - 03 00 / 043446 - 03 00

Now you can use this cheats together to find Smoke Battle in all Kombat Zones only hold Down + Start in ALL stages anytime (without Dan Forden's face (Toasty).

:mk2:39900000:043444:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle
:mk2:39910000:043446:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle (2/4)
:mk2:39910000:04342C:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle (3/4)
:mk2:39910000:04342E:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Smoke Battle (4/4)
2- This your cheat have other effects when activated (don't only Dan's face).
Smoke/Jade always behind tree in Living Forest and Secret Game Over Screen every, Pugsy found this cheats only for this effects.
Now Cage's Red Shadow Kick anytime and Spikes trick every ( look this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4TQUgtLzs) was a coincidence be together with this new Dan Forden's (Toasty) face cheat but they are very important!
And Cage's Red Shadow Kick is more perfect than mine, because have Raiden's shock sound in special move.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3810
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9099

Only Kintaro always use firebal in your fight is a error, but in console PS1 happens too when you active Toasty cheat.
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

@CLE
then please test this:
http://pastebin.com/LWmNC5bj
(create an empty mk2.xml or add to existing one) new cheat format
with this cheat, after uppercut in ANY stage, "toasty" is displayed and player CAN press down+start, smoke level will follow..
i wonder this has side-effects or not??
btw, last 2 lines of the cheat is the same you found.other lines remove 1UP-2UP check and stage(portal) checks..
CLE

Post by CLE »

Very good!

Now the cheat is working only Dan Forden's face (Toasty) and together with my other cheat is perfect to find Smoke in all Kombat Zones. And now is possible get Dan's face in "The Portal" in 1 Player mode!

Thanks!

The cheat haven't side-effects. But unfortunately "Cage's Red Shadow Kick anytime" and "Automatic Spikes Tricks" are removed (it's working together your first Toasty cheat). :(

You can get this cheats too?

Thanks again!
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

prototype cheat i posted at first : bp FF80ECB0,1,{a2=500;g} : it patches a COMMON routine, so it has those side-effects.. but it's good you noticed them and below cheats will be found easily!

last cheat i posted at pastebin : it only patches code after uppercut, it bypasses stage-#of player checks and smoke level is possible from every stage.. (i think it's 100% ready with no side effects)

so i need to find other cheats (smoke-jade behind trees, cage's red kick, raiden sound, spikes auto fall feature, kintaro ??) one by one and then will post the cheats.. secret game over screen is already in cheatlist.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Right! Very good!

But you need only found this 2 cheats because Pugsy found Smoke/Jade behind trees (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3313) and Secret Game Over Screen (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3180). Kintaro always use fireball in your fight is game error and don't request.

You can found only:
1- Cage's Red Shadow Kick with Raiden's shock sound.
2- Automatic spikes tricks after Kombat Tomb stage fatality.

I waiting this 2 news cheats! :wink:

Thanks!!
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

already found Cage's red shadow kick, but i have a question.
please check mk2r42, mk2r91, mk2chal roms (they're hacked roms for mk2)
there, Cage's red shadow kick is A LOT modified, its range is wider, maybe its power is also higher than standard shadow kick,
i think i cannot patch mk2 and non-hack clones to result the same effect.

what i did is, for mk2, Cage's shadow kick is always RED now. energy decreased from opponent is the SAME.
(only visual change-and raiden's sound is heard)
i think we agree on this? because according to mk2 original game code, i only remove a check, do not add more things, and it results that visual&audial change.

auto spike dropping - i'll take a look i think it will be easy too.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Is right. The Cage's Red Shadow kick only change shadow color and sound and appears occasionally. Is how Red Hadouken in Street Fighter II, Champion Edition and Turbo.

In mk2 hacks, the shadow kick is fast and this special shadow kick is green and normal shadow kick is red.

You can change shadow color and speed too using my cheats, if you want:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9099
CLE

Post by CLE »

Syndromtr, you get find a way to fix "error programed" where Dan's face don't appears in The Portal stage in 1 Player mode.

Well, when you get Smoke/Jade clues in Smoke/Jade Battles, this clues appears too. This a "error programed in game". Is possible fix this "programed error" too for this clues don't appears in secret characters battles (Goro's Lair stage)?

Right. My other question...

I found a cheat for find Noob Saibot Battle in one player mode too (is programed to hapen only in 2 Players mode).

:mk2:39900000:043128:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Get Noob Saibot Battle In 1 Player Mode:Can use with "Noob Saibot Battle" cheat.
:mk2:39910000:04312A:00000300:FFFFFFFF:Get Noob Saibot Battle In 1 Player Mode (2/2)
Is possible find a cheat to get Jade Battle after using any Low Kick in any round during fight in 2 Players mode too, basing these cheats?

:mk2:39900000:043348:0000CA57:FFFFFFFF:Jade Battle Chance In All Battle Plan Stages
:mk2:39900000:043384:0000C01E:FFFFFFFF:Go To Jade Fight Without Low Kick Requirement
Thanks again!
syndromtr

Post by syndromtr »

CLE wrote:Syndromtr, you get find a way to fix "error programed" where Dan's face don't appears in The Portal stage in 1 Player mode.

Well, when you get Smoke/Jade clues in Smoke/Jade Battles, this clues appears too. This a "error programed in game". Is possible fix this "programed error" too for this clues don't appears in secret characters battles (Goro's Lair stage)?
hi, as i tested my cheat posted in MAME Cheats, that "Fight VS Smoke easily" cheat, i examined that gamecode, i think it's not wrongly programmed, because, here is brief explanation to fight VS Smoke routine checks:

1)1UP-2UP is checked. if game is 1UP, routine ends.
2)stage is checked. if stage is not The Portal, routine ends.
3)a small counter routine is called. if value do not match, routine ends.
4)a common random number routine is called (bp FF80ECB0,1,{a2=500;g} that i patched first, you know) probability is very low, so nearly always, routine ends here.

after all those, "toasty" appears. "toasty" has at last ONE MORE check, it checks The Portal stage. and then Smoke fight starts.

for these clues don't appear in Goro's Lair stage etc, i need to write a new routine and insert to ROM. i think not needed, because we can disable these cheats (fight vs Smoke, clues Jade etc) and avoid these.

for the other cheats you posted, yes they're possible BUT they're already included in current cheatfile as
"Go to Jade Fight Without Low Kick Requirement"
"Winner Battles Noob Saibot"

as i examined a bit for them, they ALSO HAVE those 1UP-2UP checks.
i think they don't need a full changing, i mean no need to remove them all and prepare new-complex cheats.. in my opinion, they do their tasks.. i want to work on non-present cheats as fight VS Smoke and other easter-eggs for mk2-mk3 etc (which do not exist in cheat database)
CLE

Post by CLE »

Right, no problem. I request this because I thought it would be very easy.

Well, other cheats which would good in mk2 now is "perform Friendship/Babality using punch in last round", "perform fatality anytime during fight" and other cheat is "Shang Tsung Alternative Pose Victory", but nobody found this. I think is very hard!
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9265

Thanks!
CLE

Post by CLE »

Hi, Syndromtr!

Any progress in Dan (Toasty) Forden's face cheat in MK3 and UMK3?

Thanks!