Cheat File out for MAME 0.56

This forum is for making announcements about updated cheat files (for any emulator), updated web pages and of course about improvements to the MAME/MESS cheat engine.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Ok, it's time....

Grab it from the page.
stephh

Post by stephh »

One day "off", and I miss something : when it isn't a new release of MAME, it's a new cheat database :wink:

Anyway, the file should be available on my site soon too :smile:

ATTN Pugsy : you don't seem to have put a link to your cheat database in your sig ... But can you add your sig to your messages ? I've tried to do so, but unfortunately, my profile doesn't record my changes :sad:

Steph from The Ultimate Patchers

Visit Image The Ultimate Patchers' site Image
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Signature test
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Yep works fine.

FIrst try I ticked the SHow Signature box under the message, this try I changed my preferences to show it by default..If it appears it worked.
stephh

Post by stephh »

FIrst try I ticked the SHow Signature box under the message, this try I changed my preferences to show it by default..If it appears it worked.
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for you too :sad: I also had to flag the checkbox when I replied to the mail ...

Steph from The Ultimate Patchers

Visit Image The Ultimate Patchers' site Image

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stephh on 2001-11-29 05:30 ]</font>
Kitsune Sniper

Post by Kitsune Sniper »

I noticed that the additions and corrections I made to the NeoGeo cheats aren't in this release. Why was that? ^^;
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Unfortunately not everything makes it into the release version - it's a case of too much already to do and not enough time (surely you noticed the extra thousands of cheats....?). Part of the problem is that when people contribute cheats their cheat descriptions are not descriptive enough so I then have to work out what the cheat does before including it... I do this so that there's some sort of standard and I know the cheat works - changing the cheat type will sometimes dramatically improve some cheats but type 000 was the only one submitted. Why I haven't added your cheats I don't now .... though last time I went to your page (lost the url now) it said it was shut ...
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Kitsune Sniper

Post by Kitsune Sniper »

It was. I shut it down due to a lot of stuff happening in my life... The file's still up, just get it from the link on my original post. I don't have it in its own section on my site yet.

I'm still testing stuff, changing the descriptions and correcting the text used in them... I also asked the NMAMEX II guys if I could use their cheats, but they never replied. I asked a friend to translate the email to Japanese, but they ignored me... Their cheats are great, why won't they respond? All I want is a simple yes or no... Anyone fluent in Japanese around here? =

So. Anyway. No problem. I'll include a separate text file that explains just what was changed in it. Allright?

Edit: I misspelled some stuff ^^;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kitsune Sniper on 2001-11-29 22:51 ]</font>

Post by Guest »

I'm trying to download the latest cheat file, but I keep on getting the september 14th file, yes I am clicking on the file titled "Cheat File for MAME 0.56 (Release Date: 28th November 2001)". Ohwell I'll get it eventually, thanks for all your hard work.

Post by Guest »

I downloaded your cheat.dat file, dropped it in my mame directory, and I cannot add any cheats to the game. Am I doing something wrong? Acording to the mame default config, the key to add a cheat is the A. So I hit A and nothing happens. I'm kinda new at this, so sorry if this seems like a dumb question. I just really want to try the cheats out and if I cann't add them, I cann't try them out.

Thanks!
P.S. I would appreciate a emailed copy of the reply to dan@shortcircuit.dyndns.org

Thanks again!