Extended cheat file released

This forum is for making announcements about updated cheat files (for any emulator), updated web pages and of course about improvements to the MAME/MESS cheat engine.
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

"New Year" special release (Version 0.15). Grab it from here. (Pass : Maho)
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

ShimaPong wrote:"New Year" special release (Version 0.15). Grab it from here. (Pass : Maho)
happy new year to you,and also to your family

when i am trying to unzip the file,the code that you posted in the site,doesnt respont to the zip file

can you post the requested password on the zip file?

thanks

happy new year
pmc

Post by pmc »

Hi,

cheat file 0.15 http://www.uploda.org/file/uporg276251.zip.html

error 404 :/
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

ShimaPong, if you want I can upload the file here for you. Might make it easier for people to grab...I PM'ed you a while back but you don't seem to check your PMs as it's still in my Outbox rather than the Sentbox.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Hawq

Post by Hawq »

I'll whack it onto emuhq as soon as I can manage to get a working pw or get round the pw as well, time to hunt for something to break through I guess. Edit found it pw - ?}?z (ultimate zipcracker was usefull for it) the file will of course now end up mirrored over at emuhq without any password, thanks to pepinos for sending me the file. Right none of the zips work after being uploaded, not even the original for me, they work before going up but I dl them after & they are broken, not good, any chance of a clean non passworded version shimapong?
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Ok, I've upped the unpassworded zip here (cheers for the password Hawq)...hopefully ShimaPong won't mind

There should be no problems grabbing this from here at all hopefully..

EDIT 1: Removed file and link as requested by ShimaPong
Last edited by Pugsy on Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pugsy

MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
pepinos

Post by pepinos »

thanks to Hawq for unpassworded the zip and also to pugsy for uploading 8)
Hawq

Post by Hawq »

Excellent, for some reason my pc is still screwing it up when put on emuhq but theres a link to here & it worked perfectly from here so people will be able to get it, nice one.
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

Pugsy wrote:if you want I can upload the file here for you.
I don't hope. Because the management of many codes for encrypted CPU (NOT works on new memory system) bothers me and I have not yet decided how to deal with these codes. (I regret that he didn't reply or help me about it when I posted on Cheat Engine Help Forum... Please fix or improve, Pugsy ?) I don't like to release openely unless cheat engine supports ROM region for encrypted CPU, just like Sega System 16, Dataeast Cassette System, Several 80's Konami games.

Therefore I don't accept any question about "SPECIAL" release at all. (and I don't like PM system...)

And he seemes to surrender the management of offcial cheat file and homepage recently so that I fear entrust my cheeat file to him.

To Hawq
Kotirani ichiichi houkoukusinakutemo iinode sotirade jiyuuni yattekudasai. Syoujiki uzattaitokoroga arimasunode.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

ShimaPong wrote:I don't hope. Because the management of many codes for encrypted CPU (NOT works on new memory system) bothers me and I have not yet decided how to deal with these codes. (I regret that he didn't reply or help me about it when I posted on Cheat Engine Help Forum... Please fix or improve, Pugsy ?) I don't like to release openely unless cheat engine supports ROM region for encrypted CPU, just like Sega System 16, Dataeast Cassette System, Several 80's Konami games.

Therefore I don't accept any question about "SPECIAL" release at all. (and I don't like PM system...)
I think I got the gist of that, I've removed the file as I think you requested.

As for not replying or helping with codes for encrypted CPUs because it's not working on the new memory system I'm afraid is because there is nothing I could do to help (this is more Ian's Territory as the Cheat Engine coupled with the New Memory system is too complicated for me to understand at the moment) and other than replying that I feel for you is not really helping. I even spent 3 hours last night tracing through nslasher's arm code to try and help....with little success as there's far too many instructions being carried out....120 meg trace file for a few seconds...yikes!
ShimaPong wrote:And he seemes to surrender the management of offcial cheat file and homepage recently so that I fear entrust my cheeat file to him.
Surrendered? I've surrendered nothing I'm just inactive at the moment. Sure I could just add the cheats posted and release a new cheat file with little work (which I may have to do) but I prefer to wait till I have the time and then do a better job of it. Like I've mentioned before if people posted cheats sorted into player & cheat order with PLx (PL1 / PL2 etc) at the end of the cheat lines (see the cheat file for numerous examples) that would help a lot...and as you post most of the cheats you doing it would be a great help...
Pugsy

ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

ShimaPong wrote:Because the management of many codes for encrypted CPU (NOT works on new memory system) bothers me and I have not yet decided how to deal with these codes. (I regret that he didn't reply or help me about it when I posted on Cheat Engine Help Forum... Please fix or improve, Pugsy ?) I don't like to release openely unless cheat engine supports ROM region for encrypted CPU, just like Sega System 16, Dataeast Cassette System, Several 80's Konami games.

I did respond, and went through the MAME code to see exactly what changed and what would be required to implement the fix. So both the issue itself and the fix for the issue are known, they just can't be implemented right now. I'd like to let you know when that change will be made, but I don't know right now as I effectively need to rewrite the way that MAME draws all of its menus before making any other changes to the cheat engine.

The first bit of test code for that change is currently waiting on Aaron Giles for code review/approval. This is important because I need to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I go off and reimplement all of the menus in MAME. No idea when he'll get around to it, but he let me know that it was at least received and that he'll take a look at it at some point. He is very busy.

I'm sorry that this is broken right now, but sometimes core changes are made to MAME that break other things.
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

pugsy wrote:I think I got the gist of that, I've removed the file as I think you requested.
Sorry, my explanation is not enough. "I don't hope" is ONLY PROBLEM MYSELF. I don't have any reason to stop when you want to re-distribute my cheat file so you don't care about uploading it at all. (But I'm stumped by repoarting for emuhq where I don't know...) Off course, I don't accept any question about download in this case though.
pugsy wrote:I could just add the cheats posted and release a new cheat file with little work
ianpatt wrote:I did respond, and went through the MAME code to see exactly what changed and what would be required to implement the fix.
I'm worried that current Cheat Forums are too lonely. This motivates me to upload my cheat database though. But it seemes to be meaningless and I feel my limitations.
I wish you could sometimes report current status to encourage me and other people.
Hawq

Post by Hawq »

ShimaPong wrote:To Hawq
Kotirani ichiichi houkoukusinakutemo iinode sotirade jiyuuni yattekudasai. Syoujiki uzattaitokoroga arimasunode.
? I have no clue what that says
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

ShimaPong wrote: Sorry, my explanation is not enough. "I don't hope" is ONLY PROBLEM MYSELF. I don't have any reason to stop when you want to re-distribute my cheat file so you don't care about uploading it at all.
I'll leave off putting the link back up anyway I'm assuming that as it was passworded you didn't really want the cheat file spread.
ShimaPong wrote:(But I'm stumped by repoarting for emuhq where I don't know...) Off course, I don't accept any question about download in this case though.
I've got NOTHING to do with emuhq, in fact the only other site I have anything to do with apart from here is http://www.gb64.com which is a Commodore 64 site and has nothing to do with MAME/cheating at all. Hawq who I assume contributes to EmuHQ merely posted the password...nothing to do with me honest!
ShimaPong wrote:I'm worried that current Cheat Forums are too lonely. This motivates me to upload my cheat database though. But it seemes to be meaningless and I feel my limitations.
I wish you could sometimes report current status to encourage me and other people.
I understand what you are saying but I think half the reason why nobody posts cheats (and thus the forums are realtively quiet) is that you are so good and fast at cheat finding you've beaten them into submission :lol: Motivation and lack of time are my main problems, compiling the cheat file is grinding task...if you could change your cheats to PLx format and standard ordering I could just cut and paste your cheats straight into the cheat file...a week to a month's work with other stuff and there would be a release and maybe interest would renew. At the moment though the shear amount of cheat description editing I would need to do on your cheats is frankly putting me off. I did edit a lot of your cheats already but your work rate has outpaced my editing somewhat :o
Pugsy

ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

Pugsy wrote:if you could change your cheats to PLx format and standard ordering I could just cut and paste your cheats straight into the cheat file
OK, I match the format for "Player" to official about my post though remains on my database. Originally, it was a keyword to distinguish my code from others and I had felt good with "xP" or "xUP" rather than "PLx" because these was standard in my coutry. But it is currently meaningless because of too lonely forum.
Hawq wrote:? I have no clue what that says
Don't mind. You don't need to understand this message. "Anatani taisuru tadano guchi dakara".
posix

Post by posix »

so how do we get this lovely cheat collection?
if i understand correctly, the download has been removed because the file is considered "not perfect"?
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

I'm getting ready for Version 0.16. Mainly, added a code for new game in 0.103 and 0.104.

- Added the new game is as follows -
  • Art of Fighting 3 / Ryuuko no Ken Gaiden - Added Language Selection.
  • Bank Panic - Added Rapid Fire, Auto Shooting a Robber, Sound Test.
  • Darkmist - Added basic cheats.
  • Dorodon - Added Invincibility (ROM hack).
  • Dynamite Duke / The Double Dynamites - Added Rapid Fire, Invincibility.
  • Fatal Fury 2 / Garou Densetsu 2 - Added Always Enable Special Move.
  • Flame Gunner - Added basic cheats.
  • Funky Fish - Added Rapid Fire, Invincibility (ROM hack).
  • F-Zero - Added basic cheats.
  • JangJang Shimasho 2 - Added basic cheats.
  • Killer Instinct / 2 - Converted the codes.
  • Laser Battle / Lazarian - Added basic cheats.
  • Mad Planets - Added "No Hit" Invincibility (ROM hack).
  • Mahjong The Dai Chuuka Ken - Added basic cheats.
  • Mahjong The Mysterious World - Added basic cheats.
  • Momoko 120% - Added Infinite Time, Invincibility (ROM hack).
  • Moon Alien - Added Rapid Fire, Bullet Speed, Penetrable Shot. Fixed Invincibility.
  • Moon Base - Added Invincibility, Penetrable Shot.
  • Mouser - Fixed Invincibility.
  • Night Slashers - Added basic cheats.
  • Penguin-Kun Wars - Added Invincibility (ROM hack).
  • Power Instinct Legends / Gouketsuji Ichizoku Saikyou Densetsu - Added basic cheats.
  • Shuttle Invader - Added basic cheats.
  • Skull Fang - Added basic cheats.
  • Space Intruder - Added Credit, Invincibility, Bullet Speed Up.
  • Spectrum 2000 - Added basic cheats.
  • Super Mario World - Added basic cheats.
  • Tang Tang - Added basic cheats.
  • Tank Busters - Added Rapid Fire, "No Hit" Invincibility (ROM hack).
  • The Legend of Silkroad - Added Rapid Fire, Invincibility (ROM hack).
  • Thunder Strike - Added basic cheats.
  • Top Roller - Added basic cheats.
- Added or fixed the code for the existing game is as follows -
  • Alien 3 The Gun - Fixed Energy. Added Power, Stage.
  • Crazy Rally - Fixed Invincibility, No Speed Down Out of Course.
  • Exerion - Added Penetrable Shot (ROM hack).
  • Fatal Fury Special / Garou Densetsu Special - Added Always Enable Special Move (ROM hack).
  • Sky Fox / Exerizer - Added Penetrable Shot (ROM hack).
  • Sonic Boom - Added Invincibility (ROM hack) but DOESN'T WORK AT ALL !
  • Strider 2 / Strider Hiryu 2 - Fixed Starting Stage Selection with Pre-Fill.
- Converted the code to the new clone is as follows -
  • Alien 3 The Gun <alien3u>
  • Arabian Fight <arabfgtu>
  • Astro Fighter / Super Star Battle <sstarbtl>
  • Crazy Rally <crzralla>
  • Kageki <kagekia>
  • Power Ball <powerbls>
  • Space Intruder <spaceinj>
  • Strider 2 / Strider Hiryu 2 <strider2a>
  • Time Pilot '84 <tp84b>
- Added "TIPS" for the following games -
  • Power Instinct Legends / Gouketsuji Ichizoku Saikyou Densetsu - Secret Character.
  • Skull Fang - Secret Modes, Secret Thrust.
But I don't intend to release as long as Hawq bothers me. He ignores why I have released in secret and I don't remember having permitted him to reproduce about my release to other "unknown" sight. And I think it may be problem-free to unrelease because most of codes I have added or fixed in this version has already been posted in the forum.

BTW, I have not decided what to do with my cheat database after official release yet... stay on update ? or finish ?
Hawq

Post by Hawq »

If you didnt want people to have the cheat file then why release the previous ones in the boards? seems rather crazy to me & as people could only get them in here for a few hours before the links died then logically as they were released mirroring them elsewhere is the only way for people to get them & if they were never intended for people to see why were they released in this thread in the first place? also you could have just sent a pm about it after the first one that was released asking me not to mirror them if you wanted to.