MAME 0.112 cheat file released

This forum is for making announcements about updated cheat files (for any emulator), updated web pages and of course about improvements to the MAME/MESS cheat engine.
Pugsy

MAME 0.112 cheat file released

Post by Pugsy »

See the main page:-

10 FEBRUARY 2007 MAME is now an amazing 10 years old, thanks to everybody who has worked on it over that time. The cheat file isn't far behind either, nine years ago in a few days the first version of the current cheat file was released. So I'd like to thank everybody who has contributed over the last nine years and apologies for some of the long periods between some releases. Along with the normal changes of new cheats and various bug fixes/display changes of existing cheats there are two fairly big changes in the cheat archive from this release, that will improve functionality/user friendliness and cheat file loading/editing times.

Firstly, non-essential documentation has been removed from the cheat.dat file and included in a separate cheat.txt file.

Secondly, the various fighting game move list cheats have been removed from the cheat file as the extra weight of cheats for some games was causing MAME to crash when using the cheat engine in those games. The removed cheats are included for this release only as a separate 'removed cheats 10022007.dat' file just in-case you simply can't live without move list cheats.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
ZED ZED

Cheat File Forever

Post by ZED ZED »

Congratutions Cheat Finders! There's not a better cheat file in the world than Pugsy's Cheat File for MAME.

It's an incredible collection allowing users to enjoy arcade games in extraordinary ways, and a mighty help in overcoming impossible enemies!

And in this anniversary spirit may I ask how you came to discover MAME and how you learned you could cheat using it? :)
Gaius_4

Post by Gaius_4 »

Is there a way to see how many results were found after searching? It doesn't have the little pop-up box at the bottom anymore. :-?
As always, your patients is appreciated. :cool:
stephh

Post by stephh »

Gaius_4 wrote:Is there a way to see how many results were found after searching? It doesn't have the little pop-up box at the bottom anymore. :-?
This is change which occured during MAME 0.111 'u' cycle (u3 IIRC) because Aaron didn't want to display anything (watches, FPS infos, popups) when a menu was ON ... So you quickly have to press Tab to see the results of your searches ...

I know this is tricky, but this is a change which has nothing to do with cheat.c source file, so we can't easily fix it (unless we provide a hack that might not be accepted by the Team) ...

Image Steph from The Ultimate Patchers Image
Gaius_4

Post by Gaius_4 »

I did notice when you press 'W' to watch a cheat, for each line you have highlighted.... They don't appear until you're out of the menu. *sigh* Oh well. :-?
As always, your patients is appreciated. :cool:
isamu

Post by isamu »

Hello Pugsy and Happy New Year.

Pugsy....did you by any chance include all the cheats that people like Stephh, ugetab, etc posted in the forum? There are a few unique cheats, particularly for the Mortal Kombat series that I use on a regular basis but if they're not included on the latest file, then I may have to pass on grabbing.
I will commit seppuku if Team Marubaku does not upload replay video footage of OutRun 2SP by the end of July!
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Couldn't tell you for sure if specific cheats have been added, why don't you check for yourself?
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)