WIP Again (continued)

This forum is for making announcements about updated cheat files (for any emulator), updated web pages and of course about improvements to the MAME/MESS cheat engine.
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

Tourniquet wrote:With cheats that prompt the user for a value, you can ignore the range imposed on it by just typing a different value using the num keys.
Fixed.
ianpatt

Re: Using numeric keys?

Post by ianpatt »

Bugfinder wrote:I tried with cheat 073 and also the arrows goes beyond the range. 071 goes only until the end then returns to the first value.
Fixed.
Bugfinder wrote:Also auto speed increasing doesn't work there either.
Fixed with previous fix to code_read_hex_async.
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

Binaries uploading right now; should be up in ~6 minutes.

New source/binary:
source
binary
mame32 binary
kelvSYC

Post by kelvSYC »

Wow. So many updates in so few days... it's frustrating when you have to keep track of the latest and play EV Nova at the same time...

PS. The Polaris ending in EVN is so tragic...
kelvSYC's Guide to the Cheat Engine - http://members.shaw.ca/kelvsyc/cheatguide.html

The New Move List Cheat Collection - http://mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6469

Underscore Command - What better game is there?
Bugfinder

Re: Bug in cheat engine?

Post by Bugfinder »

ianpatt wrote:
Bugfinder wrote:This was tried in classic mode: I select a cheat search for Lives, then when I continue search the same value is displayed on Timers - it used to stay in 0 until this specific option was changed.
Didn't think this was a problem. Easy to fix anyway - fixed.
Not really yet; start a lives search with any number different than 0, then continue to search. The hex value at left (on timers) will stay the same. If you go on below 0, it will update accordingly but if you go up, it will stay just like the first value in lives.

The others are fixed. Thanks Ian.
Bugfinder
------------------------------------------
If there's a bug, I'm gonna find it!
ianpatt

Re: Bug in cheat engine?

Post by ianpatt »

Bugfinder wrote:
ianpatt wrote:
Bugfinder wrote:This was tried in classic mode: I select a cheat search for Lives, then when I continue search the same value is displayed on Timers - it used to stay in 0 until this specific option was changed.
Didn't think this was a problem. Easy to fix anyway - fixed.
Not really yet; start a lives search with any number different than 0, then continue to search. The hex value at left (on timers) will stay the same. If you go on below 0, it will update accordingly but if you go up, it will stay just like the first value in lives.
Sorry - I found/fixed that right before uploading but forgot to update the zip file.
ianpatt

Final Release

Post by ianpatt »

I think all the major bugs are out of the code now. So, unless anyone finds anything major, I'm going to submit it tomorrow.

There are some small patches I need to make to the MAME core to make the message boxes disappear even when paused - I'll upload final binaries and source later today.

edit:

Uploading now.

New source/binary:
source
binary
mame32 binary
Bugfinder

I don't know if it's me, so...

Post by Bugfinder »

ianpatt wrote:
Bugfinder wrote:Question 1: can I delete a complete memory region when checking results or only individual addresses? The only way to do this is removing that memory region in the next search, right? In this case I'm forced to do another search, which might delete some important addresses. Do you think it's okay to have shift+ "d" to delete entire memory regions from results?
Added.
Can you delete memory regions by pressing shift + d over it? I tried here and couldn't make it work :-?
ianpatt wrote: Sorry - I found/fixed that right before uploading but forgot to update the zip file.
Hey that's fine :-) I'm sure tomorrow you'll submit the engine.
Bugfinder
ianpatt

Re: I don't know if it's me, so...

Post by ianpatt »

Bugfinder wrote:Can you delete memory regions by pressing shift + d over it? I tried here and couldn't make it work :-?
Works fine here... hmm. Most likely you wanted this added to the "view results" dialog - I added it to the "select search regions" dialog. It's easy to add to both, so it works in both dialogs now.
Bugfinder

Re: I don't know if it's me, so...

Post by Bugfinder »

ianpatt wrote:
Bugfinder wrote:Can you delete memory regions by pressing shift + d over it? I tried here and couldn't make it work :-?
Most likely you wanted this added to the "view results" dialog - I added it to the "select search regions" dialog. It's easy to add to both, so it works in both dialogs now.
Yes! That's what I was originally expecting, to remove them from the "view results". I tried on select memeory areas (didn't think of that) and it works. But it's more practical now that you added to "view results". Thank you.
Bugfinder
stephh

Re: Final Release

Post by stephh »

ianpatt wrote: I think all the major bugs are out of the code now. So, unless anyone finds anything major, I'm going to submit it tomorrow.
Everything that I've tested is OK now :) Go and submit your great work ...

Steph from The Ultimate Patchers

Visit Image The Ultimate Patchers' site Image
ianpatt

w00t, submitted

Post by ianpatt »

OK - submitted.

I'd like to thank everyone for your help with this - all the bug reports/feature requests/etc. have been invaluable. I'm sure you're all just happy I finally got it finished and submitted anyway... :)
kelvSYC

Post by kelvSYC »

Yeah, great job Ian. Now it's time to take a big break...

And now I have to remember that now I have to use the keypad 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 to enter A, B, C, D, E, and F.
kelvSYC's Guide to the Cheat Engine - http://members.shaw.ca/kelvsyc/cheatguide.html

The New Move List Cheat Collection - http://mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6469

Underscore Command - What better game is there?
Bugfinder

Re: w00t, submitted

Post by Bugfinder »

ianpatt wrote:OK - submitted.

I'd like to thank everyone for your help with this - all the bug reports/feature requests/etc. have been invaluable. I'm sure you're all just happy I finally got it finished and submitted anyway... :)
You're welcome, and thank you too! Sure I'm happy to have contributed in my humble capacity :-) I hope 0.60 doesn't take too long to appear.

By the way, the last source update you did about deleting memory regions in "view results" is already up or only in the submitted source?
Bugfinder
stephh

Post by stephh »

ianpatt wrote: OK - submitted.

You can't imagine the GREAT gift you gave Pugsy and I for our birthdays ! :D

Steph from The Ultimate Patchers

Visit Image The Ultimate Patchers' site Image
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

kelvSYC wrote:And now I have to remember that now I have to use the keypad 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 to enter A, B, C, D, E, and F.
That's fixed in the final source.
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

Bugfinder wrote:By the way, the last source update you did about deleting memory regions in "view results" is already up or only in the submitted source?
I've uploaded the final source to the server. Don't remember if the fix was there before, but it's there now.
Pugsy

Thank You Ian

Post by Pugsy »

Thank You
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Bugfinder

Does this happen to you?

Post by Bugfinder »

I no longer receive "conflict address" warnings. I can set both cheats that work in the same address at same time.

Example:

Code: Select all

1942:0:E164:00:000:Always have Normal Fire
1942:0:E164:80:000:Always have Power Up Fire
Both are accepted.
Bugfinder
ianpatt

Re: Does this happen to you?

Post by ianpatt »

Bugfinder wrote:I no longer receive "conflict address" warnings. I can set both cheats that work in the same address at same time.
Yes. Conflict checking became much more difficult when the cheat format changed; I'll probably add it back later.