NEW WIP cheat database available on my site ...

This forum is for making announcements about updated cheat files (for any emulator), updated web pages and of course about improvements to the MAME/MESS cheat engine.
stephh

NEW WIP cheat database available on my site ...

Post by stephh »

You may have dreamt of it and thought it was impossible for me to release such file one day, but I finally made it : I've uploaded a WIP NEOGEO cheat database (version 0.03A) to my site 8)

I agree that it doesn't support all NEOGEO games yet, and that it is less complete than Pugsy's file for the "play as" cheats for the fighting games, but it's IMO worth downloading it ... Why ? Here are some reasons :

- fully documented cheats (for those who care about it)
- fully tested cheats (this fixes some cheats from Pugsy who recieved a "bug report" for his file)
- add "Unlimited continues" when it was possible
- add NEW cheats not available (yet ?) in Pugsy's cheat database

Comments and feedback are welcome ...

Steph from The Ultimate Patchers

Visit Image The Ultimate Patchers' site Image
Bugfinder

Do you know how to increase Artificial Dumbness in games?

Post by Bugfinder »

Heya, nice job. I have posted the DASM you asked, plus a fix for the long-standing world-known bug in gng, fully explained :-) Also I changed a little bit my patch for City Connection, take a look at MAMEtesters board what changed and why.

Now, I'd like to know if you have any idea on how to make characters smarter in NeoGeo fighting games. Increasing game level won't do the trick, I just wanted to make them not so stupid by refusing to accept cheesy repetitive actions by the player...
Bugfinder
------------------------------------------
If there's a bug, I'm gonna find it!