[puckman]+ Ghosts ignore tunnel slowdown

This forum is the archive of arcade cheats that have already been added to the current or the next release of the cheat file.
jpittman

[puckman]+ Ghosts ignore tunnel slowdown

Post by jpittman »

While playing with the "Ms. Pac-Man Ghost Behavior" cheat I previously posted, Pac-Man champion David Race pointed out the ghosts are still slowing down when traveling through the side tunnels (which is not the case in Ms. Pac-Man). Truthfully, I had not considered this when making the modifications but it's a good point and easily fixed by zeroing out a single byte of code. Let's add it as an additional cheat like so:

Code: Select all

:puckman:20800000:2063:00000000:FFFFFFFF:Ghosts Ignore Tunnel Slowdown:Ghosts no longer slow down when traveling through side tunnels
Here's the XML version of the same:

Code: Select all

<cheat desc="Ghosts Ignore Tunnel Slowdown"> <comment>Ghosts no longer slow down when traveling through side tunnels</comment>
    <script state="on">
      <action>temp0 =maincpu.mb@2063</action>
    </script>
    <script state="run">
      <action>maincpu.mb@2063=00</action>
    </script>
    <script state="off">
      <action>maincpu.mb@2063=temp0 </action>
    </script>
  </cheat>
As with the other cheats I've added, this has been successfully tested on the pacman, pacmanf, puckman and puckmanf romsets but should work for quite a few other clones as well.

-J
Jamey Pittman
Editor of The Pac-Man Dossier website.
Pugsy

Re: [puckman]+ Ghosts ignore tunnel slowdown

Post by Pugsy »

Thanks, added.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)