[mk2] Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) WIP

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. Work In Progress "Arcade"cheats that are not quite ready for the prime time. If the cheats are buggy or the cheat descriptions are non-standard then please post them here. Help maybe given but there are no guarantees and they will only be added to the cheat file when the cheat file maintainer is happy with them.
Parallax MKChile

Re: [mk2] Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) WIP

Post by Parallax MKChile »

UMK2 100% work update 1.4 the hidden characters are playable in selection screen
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat. The character select screen will now show the proper secret character sprites when highlighting Reptile, Sub-Zero, or Kitana instead of the default ones. A default noise for selection has been added until I can find their names (they aren't next to the normal ones). My cheat has finally reached the max limit of characters in a post (70,000), so I may remove the off section for the routines themselves and just restore the hook points only in the off section unless there is a better way to write a whole block of values than what I'm currently using. Let me know if there are any issues. Enjoy.

CLE, I've sent you the latest converted to old format in PM (actually twice, use the latest as it corrects an issue I was not aware of in the first PM). You may need to add something to it to make it appear as a valid cheat in your cheat.dat as my conversion is just my routines with no added fluff that may be required.

Character Select:
Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Very good, Abystus!

Cheat is working very well!

Uptate for classic format in first page.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat. Added some filler selection sounds for the secret characters on the character select screen along with correcting the versus screen images. I still have not found the character name announcement for the secret characters (only the "wins" version, which may be the only ones created for them), but have added some placeholders there for the time being to keep their selection from being anti-climatic. I will be working on the endings and possibly a new method of selection from the character select screen (involving some button presses or joystick movements) over the next few days so that the characters they are currently replacing will be select-able once again while the cheat is active. I also hope to tackle the Kitana vs Smoke "Kiss of Death" issue at some point. Enjoy.

CLE, I've sent you an updated cheat converted to old the old format.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Very good, Abystus!

You can post all updates for classic format now. :wink:

Thanks!
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

I was wondering, if is it possible the Bosses to be made playable?
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Updated, cheat collection for current state of play with mk2 - comma'd it up. Included in the SVN 32626 release I just posted about in the announcements forum.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Pugsy wrote:Updated, cheat collection for current state of play with mk2 - comma'd it up. Included in the SVN 32626 release I just posted about in the announcements forum.
Thanks. The cheat is very close to being finished since there are very few things left to correct. I also like the fact that your doing in-between updates to your cheat file as it makes getting the latest and greatest all that much easier, though I know you most likely won't be doing it all the time. Appreciate you keeping everything up-to-date.
isamu

Post by isamu »

Here here! ^^^
I will commit seppuku if Team Marubaku does not upload replay video footage of OutRun 2SP by the end of July!
k00l_3

Post by k00l_3 »

k00l_3 wrote:
@ Abystus It's amazing what you have done with these cheats! Mad respect !

I wanted to know if it was possible if you could create a cheat that would give a male ninja character all the male ninja special moves (sub-zero,scorpion,reptile) that would be insane!

Is it also possible to allow characters to have "shadows" ala Johnny Cage's Shadow kick like the agressor mode from MK Trilogy as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7pMfS5 ... lpage#t=51

Thanks again for your hard work.

Thanks. Swappable movesets could be done, but it would take a good bit of work hooking inputs (figure it would be a particular button combination to change to a new ninja moveset similar to Shang Tsung morphs), along with making sure that is only applied to the ninjas (this is relatively easy as it is just checking the character your playing as). As for the Johnny Cage shadowing, I'm sure if I was able to find the routine that turns on the shadowing, it could most likely be applied to any character for the entire round. I will see what I can find with the second request when I get back to hacking this game (taking a break atm for family life heh).
Hi Abystus hope you are well ,have you had any luck with the multiple ninja moves or the shadow trail hack?
mU$!c

Post by mU$!c »

Abystus wrote:
k00l_3 wrote:@ Abystus It's amazing what you have done with these cheats! Mad respect !

I wanted to know if it was possible if you could create a cheat that would give a male ninja character all the male ninja special moves (sub-zero,scorpion,reptile) that would be insane!

Is it also possible to allow characters to have "shadows" ala Johnny Cage's Shadow kick like the agressor mode from MK Trilogy as seen in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7pMfS5 ... lpage#t=51

Thanks again for your hard work.
Thanks. Swappable movesets could be done, but it would take a good bit of work hooking inputs (figure it would be a particular button combination to change to a new ninja moveset similar to Shang Tsung morphs), along with making sure that is only applied to the ninjas (this is relatively easy as it is just checking the character your playing as). As for the Johnny Cage shadowing, I'm sure if I was able to find the routine that turns on the shadowing, it could most likely be applied to any character for the entire round. I will see what I can find with the second request when I get back to hacking this game (taking a break atm for family life heh).
Abystus, what k00l_3 is talking about has already been done in a way in old versions of MAME. You can switch between movesets manually at the press of 1 button in old versions of MAME, like versions 0.90 - 0.124 for sure. There was a custom hotkey option for editing cheats in game through the on-screen menu (see "play as Reptile MK1"). I really don't know why developers got rid of custom hotkeys in the newer releases of MAME. I can't seem to find it in new versions anyway.. Will look hard again. I really loved using it for playing as the non-existant character and aka pallette-swap that is known as Reptile in MK1. Maybe we both should work on coding in xml an input call for MK1 that allows you to switch between the movesets of Scorpion and Sub-Zero, the addresses are already identified for the movesets. We can check it out after you're done with MKII. I'm gonna go ahead and look at it a bit now though. Let ya know if i see somethin' yummy:D

As for Johnny cages shadow animations, just have to find the address and what's calling the shadow animations, but you already know this part. Just find what's calling the routine:D

I think I'm gonna take a look for myself, too. BTW....this is some legendary coding, my dear sir. Keep up the great work :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did some testing with your cheat. Best out of 7 matches, CPU VS CPU. Here are my findings below:

Noob Saibot - 5 wins
VS
Smoke - 2 wins

Noob Saibot - 0 wins
VS
Jade -
7 wins

Smoke - 1
VS
Jade - 6

It would seem the hidden characters are ranked as follows:

1. Jade

2. Noob Saibot

3. Smoke

I also put Jade up against Mileena, and Jade couldn't do a thing with her. Mileena kicked Jade's ass repeatedly. Jade did not even win 1 fight, no matter how many times they fought. BTW... Noob Saibot cannot beat Mileena either. I tested the battle. Mileena is a better fighter than Jade, it would seem. Go Figure? Someone tell me why Scorpion beat Jade once, but Noob Saibot can't win 1 fight vs Jade. LMAO.

Last edited by mU$!c on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scarlettt

Post by Scarlettt »

I have recently discovered your outstanding cheat Abystus (v1.4). I've played with all 3 secret characters and completed the game but I was forced to fight ALL the time in Goro's lair! Is this a bug in the cheat or am I doing something wrong? I've seen your videos where you fight in various stages. I've tried different versions of mame but it's always the same. Please explain, thank you in advance.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Scarlettt wrote:I have recently discovered your outstanding cheat Abystus (v1.4). I've played with all 3 secret characters and completed the game but I was forced to fight ALL the time in Goro's lair! Is this a bug in the cheat or am I doing something wrong? I've seen your videos where you fight in various stages. I've tried different versions of mame but it's always the same. Please explain, thank you in advance.
Sorry for the delay in response. Use it in combination with the "Remove Stage Restriction For Bosses And Hidden Characters" cheat found here.
mU$!c

Post by mU$!c »

Abystus, does stage have any effect on wins and losses between the secret characters? You know, like home court advantage in basketball? Think you wanna try testing this? Sure to be interesting results.
Last edited by mU$!c on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
megatron187

Post by megatron187 »

Thanks so much for these cheats:)
behxpala

Post by behxpala »

How fast you use emulator Abystus ??
ZPaul2Fresh8

Post by ZPaul2Fresh8 »

Would be cool to get this in an actual machine! Is this possible?
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

ZPaul2Fresh8 wrote:Would be cool to get this in an actual machine! Is this possible?
Yes, check out my site here. 8)
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

Abystus wrote:
ZPaul2Fresh8 wrote:Would be cool to get this in an actual machine! Is this possible?
Yes, check out my site here. 8)
Looks awesome!!!
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

Any chance of getting the latest beta of mk2plus?