[mk2] Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) WIP

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. Work In Progress "Arcade"cheats that are not quite ready for the prime time. If the cheats are buggy or the cheat descriptions are non-standard then please post them here. Help maybe given but there are no guarantees and they will only be added to the cheat file when the cheat file maintainer is happy with them.
nobunaga

Re: [mk2] Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) WIP

Post by nobunaga »

Abystus wrote:Version 1.2 is now out of the beta stage as Smoke's smoke is now working correctly at the start of every match on any stage, and will also persist through fatality time and end of round. This was accomplished by finally being able to hook the CPU routine once I learned the exact parameters it was looking for. Let me know if there are any issues (I've tested quite a bit, but then again I'm only one person).
nobunaga wrote: Excellent work !! I tested it out works fine on Goro's lair, will test more backgrounds.
Thanks for testing it. Give the final revision of 1.2 a shot and let me know what you think.
Very good work once again, will do test, a small question - I can't get the cheat for background stage select to work...goro's lair is the default stage for hidden characters, and changing the background stage cheat doesn't work for me :(
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

nobunaga wrote: Very good work once again, will do test, a small question - I can't get the cheat for background stage select to work...goro's lair is the default stage for hidden characters, and changing the background stage cheat doesn't work for me :(
You have to use in combination with the "Remove Stage Restriction For Bosses And Hidden Characters" cheat which can be found here. Otherwise, it will just default to Goro's Lair all the time when playing as the secret characters. Also, I added a video to the main post (where the cheat is) of the new cheat in action. Enjoy.
Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

Abystus wrote:
nobunaga wrote: Very good work once again, will do test, a small question - I can't get the cheat for background stage select to work...goro's lair is the default stage for hidden characters, and changing the background stage cheat doesn't work for me :(
You have to use in combination with the "Remove Stage Restriction For Bosses And Hidden Characters" cheat which can be found here. Otherwise, it will just default to Goro's Lair all the time when playing as the secret characters. Also, I added a video to the main post (where the cheat is) of the new cheat in action. Enjoy.

Thank you, for the cheats, I'll test now :)
Last edited by nobunaga on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

The cheat is working perfectly :), congrats for the good work :) btw the automatic stage fatality when activated makes fatality 1 mostly, it is supposed to do automatic stage fatality on the dead pool, kombat tomb and the pit 2 like the CPU? The automatic fatalities cheat when activated make the standart fatalities like the CPU.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat to reduce the size of routine 5 slightly with some optimizations.
nobunaga wrote:The cheat is working perfectly :), congrats for the good work :) btw the automatic stage fatality when activated makes fatality 1 mostly, it is supposed to do automatic stage fatality on the dead pool, kombat tomb and the pit 2 like the CPU? The automatic fatalities cheat when activated make the standart fatalities like the CPU.
I'm not really understanding your question. Does it relate to my cheat? I'm wondering because I did not make the "Automatic Fatality" cheat.
Parallax MKChile

Post by Parallax MKChile »

Abystus wrote:Version 1.2 is now out of the beta stage as Smoke's smoke is now working correctly at the start of every match on any stage, and will also persist through fatality time and end of round. This was accomplished by finally being able to hook the CPU routine once I learned the exact parameters it was looking for. Let me know if there are any issues (I've tested quite a bit, but then again I'm only one person).
Friend no problem, I'll be by testing the smoke if there is any crash, obviously if you do smoke fatality may freeze sometimes, I'll make a review and give you the testing on it, that will be the safest for all day Thursday that test results will.
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

Abystus wrote:Updated the cheat to reduce the size of routine 5 slightly with some optimizations.
nobunaga wrote:The cheat is working perfectly :), congrats for the good work :) btw the automatic stage fatality when activated makes fatality 1 mostly, it is supposed to do automatic stage fatality on the dead pool, kombat tomb and the pit 2 like the CPU? The automatic fatalities cheat when activated make the standart fatalities like the CPU.
I'm not really understanding your question. Does it relate to my cheat? I'm wondering because I did not make the "Automatic Fatality" cheat.

Oh, sorry then. My mistake, anyway the cheat is working very good :)
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated cheat to version 1.3 (Beta). Added Dash Throw to Smoke. Corrected CPU removing player controls when using Smoke's Dash Throw during CPU matches. Do not use the Dash Throw against the bosses, or the game will crash (I will be adding checks for who it is performed against in the next update.) The cheat has grown significantly (Massive Update), so test it out, and let me know if I broke anything. I have a back up of the original if I need to restore it.

Smoke's New Move
Dash Throw (F, D, B + LK) (Replaces Leg Take-down) (DO NOT USE AGAINST BOSSES OR THE GAME WILL CRASH!)
isamu

Post by isamu »

can you add a cheat that allows sub zero to do his normal freeze and his ground freeze multiple times in a row without the time restriction?
I will commit seppuku if Team Marubaku does not upload replay video footage of OutRun 2SP by the end of July!
Parallax MKChile

Abystus, I was reviewing the hack and has the following errors, although I must say that is an issue that this state, but it seems so far hidden in the player two characters does not work the babalitys checked 5 times in different ways. Fate of smoke, is equal to the CPU Smoke great job in that regard.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Parallax MKChile wrote:Abystus, I was reviewing the hack and has the following errors, although I must say that is an issue that this state, but it seems so far hidden in the player two characters does not work the babalitys checked 5 times in different ways. Fate of smoke, is equal to the CPU Smoke great job in that regard.
I am able to reproduce this issue (seems to be just the secret characters on P2), though I'm unsure why it is happening at the moment (I think I've pinpointed the area of failure, but am unsure why it is failing until I can dig deeper.) I never play on P2, so I've never noticed it (everything is great on P1 though :P). I'll be on the lookout for a fix in the meantime. I've added this bug to the "Known Issues" section in the main post. I appreciate you testing the cheat out in its many different revisions.
isamu wrote:can you add a cheat that allows sub zero to do his normal freeze and his ground freeze multiple times in a row without the time restriction?
It is possible, but wouldn't this request be better suited for the request forum (kinda have my hands full atm)? Also, try using the repeatable finishers cheat code in my other thread and see if it accomplishes what you are requesting.
Last edited by Abystus on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Version 1.3 is now out of the beta stage. Smoke's Dash Throw move is now protected against bosses. Instead of activating the Dash Throw when facing Kintaro or Shao Kahn, it will revert back to the Leg Take-down move. This should prevent any crashing issues associated with the move being accidentally activated when fighting bosses. CLE, if your still converting this cheat to the older format, all changes are located in Routine 5. Enjoy.
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

Abystus wrote:Version 1.3 is now out of the beta stage. Smoke's Dash Throw move is now protected against bosses. Instead of activating the Dash Throw when facing Kintaro or Shao Kahn, it will revert back to the Leg Take-down move. This should prevent any crashing issues associated with the move being accidentally activated when fighting bosses. CLE, if your still converting this cheat to the older format, all changes are located in Routine 5. Enjoy.
Once again your work is excellent!
Will test it in a bit, btw is there a way to remove scorpion's teleport from smoke's moveset?
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

nobunaga wrote: Once again your work is excellent!
Will test it in a bit, btw is there a way to remove scorpion's teleport from smoke's moveset?
Sure, don't press D, B+HP... In all seriousness though, why would you want it removed when you could just choose not to use it? I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of removing something that can just be ignored.
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

Abystus wrote:
nobunaga wrote: Once again your work is excellent!
Sure, don't press D, B+HP... In all seriousness though, why would you want it removed when you could just choose not to use it? I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of removing something that can just be ignored.

It is nothing serious, I was just curious that's all, I don't want to bother you with more cheat tweaking, the work you are doin' is very productive, so nevermind my question :D
Parallax MKChile

Abystus wrote: I am able to reproduce this issue (seems to be just the secret characters on P2), though I'm unsure why it is happening at the moment (I think I've pinpointed the area of failure, but am unsure why it is failing until I can dig deeper.) I never play on P2, so I've never noticed it (everything is great on P1 though :P). I'll be on the lookout for a fix in the meantime. I've added this bug to the "Known Issues" section in the main post. I appreciate you testing the cheat out in its many different revisions.
I'll keep checking the hack and do not worry you notice anything with CLE or directly to you, if there is a crash I will show you with videos.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Excellent work, Abystus!!!! Is working 100% !

Cheat is converted for classic format my post in first page too.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat. Added fixes for most of the finishers performed on the secret characters. This will force the game to load their alternative sprite (Scropion or Kitana) when one cannot be found for the finisher in question (which is why the game crashes initially). I notice that many of these fatalities fall into groups of similar actions (head knock off, ripped in half, explode, etc...) and one fix will fix many of them at a time (most everything that falls in said group), so hopefully this won't take too long to correct them all. This is just one of many future fixes as some finishers will still crash the game (will be working on these based on testing). Test it out, and if you have time, compile a list of what finishers are still crashing the game after this fix (I already know some, but videos are always nice :P). CLE, everything new is within Routine 8. Enjoy.
Parallax MKChile wrote: I'll keep checking the hack and do not worry you notice anything with CLE or directly to you, if there is a crash I will show you with videos.
Thanks.
CLE wrote:Excellent work, Abystus!!!! Is working 100% !

Cheat is converted for classic format my post in first page too.
Appreciate the conversions for everyone using the old MAME.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Very good, Abystus! Routine 8 is working!

Converted this update for classic format in first page too.

Thanks!
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat. Added a few more fatality fixes. I know of Kitana's "Kiss of Death" and Shang Tsung's "Inner Ear" (performed on Jade from the right side) fatality explosions that are still freezing the game, but are there any others? I will be correcting the super freeze sprite in the next update (it currently loads Jax by default for all secret characters as the programmers made this sprite the fail safe), along with attempting to correct the "Kiss of Death" and "Inner Ear" (performed on Jade from the right side) fatality explosion freezes (also any others that are brought to my attention). I may even check into the babalities, though they don't currently freeze the game they do have issues removing the character sprite when making the baby appear (Smoke/Jade). CLE, routines 2 and 4 changed along with the addition of routines 9 and 10. The cheat version will be increasing as soon as all fatalities are working against the secret characters. Enjoy.