[mk2] Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) WIP

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. Work In Progress "Arcade"cheats that are not quite ready for the prime time. If the cheats are buggy or the cheat descriptions are non-standard then please post them here. Help maybe given but there are no guarantees and they will only be added to the cheat file when the cheat file maintainer is happy with them.
Parallax MKChile

Re: [mk2] Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) WIP

Post by Parallax MKChile »

Friend, I am reviewing any update in the afternoon to check for errors and also submit supporting evidence in the videos, this afternoon I will review the update.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Great work on this (updated next cheat collection with latest).

BTW, one minor suggestion:

As there is a lot of writes in the script "run" state which are run on every frame it maybe better to make them poke it once by changing the

Code: Select all

<script state="run">
into a

<script state="on">
. As there is an "off" script the user will still see it as ON/OFF in the menu as you do with a "run" script rather than the SET you see when you just have a "on" script.

It's not done with the existing cheats but that's because they've been converted from cheat.dat format and it's better for the converting program to do it that way because it's guaranteed to work with every game without having to test each one ....+ they weren't such massive engineered cheats :)
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Parallax MKChile

I've been going there and only 4 errors, shang tsung fatality explosion on Jade crash and Kitana kiss of death on smoke crash, the babalities in jade and smoke not disappear. Appears that the smoke is not compatible with the explosion, although there is sometimes that does not freeze, but more crash than the other.

new error crash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eow9KjcRAoA
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat. Fixed a check in Routine 3 that may correct more issues (more fatalities, random issues that I haven't found yet), along with a new routine correcting the "Super Freeze" sprite (they all appeared as Jax before) for secret characters when frozen by Sub-Zero before his shatter fatality. Babalities for player 2 should now be fixed as well. CLE, changes are in Routine 3 and the addition of Routine 11. Enjoy.
Pugsy wrote:Great work on this (updated next cheat collection with latest).

BTW, one minor suggestion:

As there is a lot of writes in the script "run" state which are run on every frame it maybe better to make them poke it once by changing the

<script state="run">
into a

<script state="on">
. As there is an "off" script the user will still see it as ON/OFF in the menu as you do with a "run" script rather than the SET you see when you just have a "on" script.

It's not done with the existing cheats but that's because they've been converted from cheat.dat format and it's better for the converting program to do it that way because it's guaranteed to work with every game without having to test each one ....+ they weren't such massive engineered cheats :)
Thanks for keeping up with the cheat (this is very tedious work, and takes quite a bit of time to get everything into working state as I'm sure you know). I plan to switch it over (to "on" instead of "run") once I get through with testing as the current write helps out when I have a state that is already saved with a previous cheat in place (it just overwrites whatever is in that state since it writes constantly). Good to see you hacking again (usually your just collecting cheats), keep it up :).
Parallax MKChile wrote:I've been going there and only 4 errors, shang tsung fatality explosion on Jade crash and Kitana kiss of death on smoke crash, the babalities in jade and smoke not disappear. Appears that the smoke is not compatible with the explosion, although there is sometimes that does not freeze, but more crash than the other.

new error crash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eow9KjcRAoA
I made some changes to the cheat that should correct the Shang Tsung "Inner Ear" fatality, and also will fix the "Super Freeze" sprite when they are frozen. This update fixes Player 2 Babalities, and also may fix your air throw problem against Jade with Smoke as I could not replicate it after these changes (though I have to admit it is harder for me to pull off and test as I am nowhere near as good as you at this game). I am unsure why the game is crashing on Kitana's "Kiss of Death" when performed on Smoke as the freeze occurs a good bit after the explosion (everything else I've encountered and fixed happened during the actual fatality), and does not seem to remedy itself even when changing the selected character during fatality time to scorpion. It may be due to the smoke he emits, though it does not freeze with the explosion from the "Inner Ear" fatality which also causes him to explode in the same manner as Kitana's fatality. Try the update out, and let me know if it corrects more of your issues. I will be looking into the Kitana fatality and the babality issue (character not dissapearing for Smoke/Jade) when I get a bit more time.

BTW, you should make some play-through videos with these characters as I'd be interested to see someone with your skill using these characters to their full potential against the single player game.
Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.
Parallax MKChile

I was thinking about a possible solution. What would happen if smoke act as a reaction of shang tsung fatality ?, it could change the reaction of the character, rather than just reacting fat as it does when shang enters the ear.

Jade HUMAN VS JADE CPU is = Smoke VS JADE CPU crash game
Abystus wrote:BTW, you should make some play-through videos with these characters as I'd be interested to see someone with your skill using these characters to their full potential against the single player game.
if I'm on it :D

Si estoy en ello :D
Parallax MKChile

abystus discovered the problem because the crash.

Jade jumping backwards this makes the fan in the air but apparently the memory that movement does not take that into account and freezes supposedly Kitana equals Jade CPU but I've never seen him do the fan in the air. It may be that the problem because Kitana CPU if you fan in the air.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Parallax MKChile wrote: Jade HUMAN VS JADE CPU is = Smoke VS JADE CPU crash game
Not really sure what you mean with this. Do you mean that Smoke vs Jade will crash the game?
Parallax MKChile wrote:abystus discovered the problem because the crash.

Jade jumping backwards this makes the fan in the air but apparently the memory that movement does not take that into account and freezes supposedly Kitana equals Jade CPU but I've never seen him do the fan in the air. It may be that the problem because Kitana CPU if you fan in the air.
I see. I was able to reproduce this error. Note that CPU Jade now has access to the fan lift as well, so I will find what is causing that and correct it (should fix the mid-air fan that she isn't suppose to have as well). Thanks for the report.
Parallax MKChile

jade is the problem not the hidden characters smoke or noob saibot, I put the 2 cases in the 2 players is the fan in the air we do not want to do, now put jade vs normal character and gives the same error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Lv1QUaXzA
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Parallax MKChile wrote:jade is the problem not the hidden characters smoke or noob saibot, I put the 2 cases in the 2 players is the fan in the air we do not want to do, now put jade vs normal character and gives the same error.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Lv1QUaXzA
Updated the cheat. It should correct the issue with Jade under CPU control. Test it out and let me know if anything is broken. CLE, you may want to wait to convert this cheat to the older format as things seem to change pretty regularly. Maybe when the updates slow down you can do a proper conversion.
Parallax MKChile

the problem is solved in 100%, if you do a fatality on jade cpu this crash error.

Or is the Jade fatality on the range or in the air, Jade was always troubled, I say bugs that generates.
Last edited by Parallax MKChile on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Parallax MKChile wrote:the problem is solved in 100%, if you do a fatality on jade cpu this crash error.
Which fatality did you try? I did one with Smoke and had no issues. I'll be trying some more, but knowing the one you tried would save a bit of time. Thanks for the continued testing.

Edit:

Never mind, I found a crashing fatality.
Parallax MKChile

So Sorry works 100%, so when I made the Cpu this fatality Jade froze, but when I asked Jade Human fatality this worked.

Human vs Jade CPU crash fatality.

Human vs Jade Human work fatality.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Parallax MKChile wrote:So Sorry works 100%, so when I made the Cpu this fatality Jade froze, but when I asked Jade Human fatality this worked.

Human vs Jade CPU crash fatality.

Human vs Jade Human work fatality.
Yep, switching around some checks for fatality time. The changes I made only expect the player to use the new routine, but making changes for the cpu to be able to use them during fatality time. Will have an update shortly.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat. Give the updated cheat on the main post some testing, and let me know if it resolves the issue on your end. Thanks again for the patience and testing.
Parallax MKChile

Abystus wrote:Updated the cheat. Give the updated cheat on the main post some testing, and let me know if it resolves the issue on your end. Thanks again for the patience and testing.

Jade CPU does not release the fan to half the screen, and the fatality Jade CPU works 100%

Good Job my friend
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Parallax MKChile wrote:
Abystus wrote:Updated the cheat. Give the updated cheat on the main post some testing, and let me know if it resolves the issue on your end. Thanks again for the patience and testing.

Jade CPU does not release the fan to half the screen, and the fatality Jade CPU works 100%

Good Job my friend
Thanks for testing it out. Hopefully it resolves the issue for good. Can't wait to see your next two secret character videos (watching the Smoke one atm). You must play the single player a lot to be so aggressive towards the computer lol. BTW, I noticed Jade did a square wave in your video along with her movement speed being reduced while fighting her due to the glitch in the original code (sorry about that!)
CLE

Post by CLE »

Excellent work, Abystus!

And thanks for you converter new updates for classic format with your new program.
Parallax MKChile

Yep, only remains to smoke when I make the kiss of death kitana, smoke generates an error after the explosion.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat to version 1.4. With this update you no longer need to use the character select modifier to play as the secret characters, and you will also no longer have to disable the cheat when returning to the character select screen after playing as one of these characters. Enable my cheat, then reference the following on the character select screen:

Reptile = Smoke
Sub-Zero = Noob Saibot
Kitana = Jade

*Note* You will not see them displayed or hear their name announced when selecting them.
*Note* Disable the cheat to access the original characters (Reptile, Sub-Zero, Kitana) from the character select screen.
Having them select-able this way is a temporary solution until I can find a way to create some sort of input codes or some other selection method that does not lock out the original characters while the cheat is activated. This was not tested on UMK2 TE, but it should work there as well hopefully. I will be working on correcting the endings and versus screen next. CLE, I've sent you a message with the latest conversion to the older format. You should not have to duplicate my cheat anymore for each secret character like you have in the past due to the new character select screen method. Let me know if you experience any issues with the new feature. Instructions have been updated on the main post. Enjoy.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Great work, Abystus!

And thanks for conversion for classic format again.