[mk2] Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) WIP

This forum is for posting M.A.M.E. Work In Progress "Arcade"cheats that are not quite ready for the prime time. If the cheats are buggy or the cheat descriptions are non-standard then please post them here. Help maybe given but there are no guarantees and they will only be added to the cheat file when the cheat file maintainer is happy with them.
zakria

Re: [mk2] Mortal Kombat II (rev L3.1) WIP

Post by zakria »

Abystus,You are really great hackers.Your work is really awesome.I send you cheat request.Please work on my request.
Parallax MKChile

Post by Parallax MKChile »

Abytus, as I know I'm a buguero only, but I'm also a lover of what to do with cheats, cheats was reviewing both the new and the old format, until now hidden characters fatality moves to only work the babalitys stages fatality moves and fatality moves toward them and to smoke only freezes in sub-zero fatality when they freeze, jade and noob saibot locks because some part of the memory does not get that information not as if the smoke is so no crash in the game, let alone investigate it before you made this cheat and still retains the same error, so if I found it curious that the pit is 2 when the pulling froze in the animation now works perfectly friend its sprites without changing color, I also tested also in TE UMK2 yourarcadesource costs for the mk2 R.3.1 update so far that's what I appreciated now :D
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

The cheat has been updated again. I have restored Smoke's Telekinetic Head Uppercut (U, U, HP or D, D, U, U, HP) instead of his Burned Alive/Explode fatality due to all the crying about it being gone (seriously people get over it). His second fatality (Jugular Cut) has been left as is. Noob Saibot and Jade's fatalities have not been touched (so don't ask me to). I will not make this sort of modification again due to it not really being all that important to me (it was a glitch to begin with that he used Cage's fatality). Anyways that is it for now, so test it out and let me know if I broke anything. Enjoy.
zakria wrote:Abystus,You are really great hackers.Your work is really awesome.I send you cheat request.Please work on my request.
My work is only awesome when I get to focus on one project at a time. I'll work on your request when I have time to do so (you see I'm quite busy at the moment with this hack).
Parallax MKChile wrote:Abytus, as I know I'm a buguero only, but I'm also a lover of what to do with cheats, cheats was reviewing both the new and the old format, until now hidden characters fatality moves to only work the babalitys stages fatality moves and fatality moves toward them and to smoke only freezes in sub-zero fatality when they freeze, jade and noob saibot locks because some part of the memory does not get that information not as if the smoke is so no crash in the game, let alone investigate it before you made this cheat and still retains the same error, so if I found it curious that the pit is 2 when the pulling froze in the animation now works perfectly friend its sprites without changing color, I also tested also in TE UMK2 yourarcadesource costs for the mk2 R.3.1 update so far that's what I appreciated now :D
My forum handle is "Abystus" not "Abytus" which you have used in both of your posts (just copy/paste my name if you can't type it right). Not really sure what your saying up there (kinda broken), maybe type what you wanna say into google translator (might help)? Thanks for making the videos btw, hopefully I get credit for my work this time around in the UMK2 TE hack. BTW, you even have my name wrong in your videos on youtube...
Last edited by Abystus on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bored? Watch some of my hacks here.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Very good, Abystus!
Thank you for restore Smoke's head uppercut fatality!

Update for the cheat in classic format too.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat. Close Knee (HK/LK Close) performed with Jade/Noob Saibot should now complete the animation correctly. CLE, the new update is all in the addition of Routine 4. Since we have reached a stable state with all characters being playable, I'll list this as version 1.0 of the cheat. Test it out, and let me know if there are any errors. Enjoy.
nobunaga

Post by nobunaga »

Abystus wrote:Updated the cheat. Close Knee (HK/LK Close) performed with Jade/Noob Saibot should now complete the animation correctly. CLE, the new update is all in the addition of Routine 4. Since we have reached a stable state with all characters being playable, I'll list this as version 1.0 of the cheat. Test it out, and let me know if there are any errors. Enjoy.

Excellent work, Abystus!
CLE

Post by CLE »

Updated the cheat for classic format too.

Thanks, Abystus!
zakria

Post by zakria »

My work is only awesome when I get to focus on one project at a time. I'll work on your request when I have time to do so (you see I'm quite busy at the moment with this hack).

Thanks Abystus,No problem.I am waiting.I really appreciate your work about mortal kombat hackings.I have question for you.Have you tried to hack mortal kombat 1 goro and Shang and mortal kombat 2 kintaro and shao kahn?
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Updated the cheat to version 1.1. CPU controlled Smoke's ability to "smoke" should now be restored (bug in the last cheat). Also made some room for further modification by spacing the routines out (room to grow without heavy modification). I will be working on the player controlled Smoke's ability to "smoke" in the next update since I now know which routine turns it on and off (been busy working all week). CLE, the whole cheat has changed (routine addresses, and added new code). I have a backup of the original saved if I need to revert. Test it out, and let me know if anything is broken. Enjoy.
omegared37

Post by omegared37 »

As requested here are my LPs recorded with Abystus's codes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbRCX29 ... sGlGcyHXXg Smoke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfZ3pen ... sGlGcyHXXg Jade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1aJNG ... sGlGcyHXXg Noob

I lost two matches against a very stubborn CPU Raiden as Smoke but other than that good runs. I'm looking forward to the update that makes Smoke smoke. How did you end up finding out what does it?
If you were a hotdog and you were starving would you eat yourself-Hary Kary
CLE

Post by CLE »

Updated the cheat for classic format too.

Cheats are working very well!

Thanks, Abystus!
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

omegared37 wrote:As requested here are my LPs recorded with Abystus's codes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbRCX29 ... sGlGcyHXXg Smoke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfZ3pen ... sGlGcyHXXg Jade
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1aJNG ... sGlGcyHXXg Noob

I lost two matches against a very stubborn CPU Raiden as Smoke but other than that good runs. I'm looking forward to the update that makes Smoke smoke. How did you end up finding out what does it?
Thanks for the videos. That's the first time I've seen that quick punches into spear technique, though apparently it isn't as reliable as other methods against the CPU. As far as the "smoke" routine, my original cheat was disabling the CPU Smoke's "smoke", though after the fix it is working again. With that being said, if turning it off was in that same routine then enabling it must be somewhere within there as well (whatever is calling my routine when the match starts, which is where I'm digging in the code atm). As it stands, activating the "smoke" effect is proving far more difficult than getting the secret characters playable to begin with. Hopefully I find how to enable it, though so far it still looks like it is all CPU driven (unless there is an enable flag set in RAM I've missed).
omegared37

Post by omegared37 »

I'd love to nerd out and discuss anti MK2 CPU strategies at some point. As far as the quick punch technique you can't really see it well in the video but generally what Ive found works is to stand at just outside of throw range, but close enough that the punch would land, and throw about two or three then pause briefly and throw the spear. If you wait too long they'll react if you time it just right they think they can get you but get speared.
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Added WIP Moves section. Added "Enable Smoke's Dash Throw" cheat to the first post under that section along with a "Smoke Dash Throw Preview" video under the "Videos" section. Credit to MK Hacker for providing the call location and value this cheat is based on. Read the instructions for using this cheat as it is a CPU only move called from the player routine, and is quite buggy overall. If all issues are ironed out, it will be added to the main cheat, but for now it will remain separate.
Last edited by Abystus on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omegared37

Post by omegared37 »

Wow I had no idea that his "dash throw" was a real move but just something the CPU did as a virtue of being able to move so fast coupled with the CPU's love of throws. Is there a chance there are other CPU only moves or unused moves sitting around? I know sprites have been found for Baraka's Blade spin and Kung Lao's Superman.
CLE

Post by CLE »

Smoke's Dash Throw cheat added in classic format too!

This have few bugs but is possible play using this special move.

Thanks, Abystus!
Gemini

Post by Gemini »

Abystus you can find the codes to Play As Secret Character PL1 and PL2 also for Kintaro and Shao Kahn :roll:?

If you be able to find also these codes would be great :D!

I think it should not be difficult to find for you since that for Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot you managed to do!

(CLE I use an old version of mame so if you convert the cheat in classic format would be great).
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

omegared37 wrote:Wow I had no idea that his "dash throw" was a real move but just something the CPU did as a virtue of being able to move so fast coupled with the CPU's love of throws. Is there a chance there are other CPU only moves or unused moves sitting around? I know sprites have been found for Baraka's Blade spin and Kung Lao's Superman.
It is possible there may be unused moves, though it would most likely only be available in very old revisions of the code. I'd assume you could assign Raiden's superman move to Kung Lao to see if it produced the sprite in question, but I have not tested this theory (he would also lose a move in the process). I was also surprised that Smoke's "Dash Throw" was an actual move, but it becomes more apparent the more you play against him than the other secret characters since they never use this attack.
Gemini wrote:Abystus you can find the codes to Play As Secret Character PL1 and PL2 also for Kintaro and Shao Kahn :roll:?

If you be able to find also these codes would be great :D!

I think it should not be difficult to find for you since that for Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot you managed to do!
Secret characters like Smoke, Jade, and Noob Saibot work because there are alternative characters to pull input controls from. In the case of Shao Kahn and Kintaro, you would have no resources to pull from that would be generally viewed as acceptable (there are not other variations of these two characters that are playable to pull inputs from). You would basically be left creating movesets for these characters to which I'm not interested in doing (far too much work). It is possible to map inputs to them, though it would be glitchy at best aside from the other glaring problems they possess on their own just being under player control.
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Holy cr#p this thread has going mental with the sheer number of views!

This post was mentioned on

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/46 ... irst-time/
and
http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/29/566551 ... s-playable

12,000 topic views in the last 8 hours (now upto 27500) and probably the same amount before and a new record of "Most users ever online was 1612 on 30 Apr 2014 03:49".

Strewth!

Excellent work with this Abystus, it's still in the WIP cheat section do you think it's ok to add to the cheat collection or does it need some final tweaking?
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Abystus

Post by Abystus »

Pugsy wrote: Excellent work with this Abystus, it's still in the WIP cheat section do you think it's ok to add to the cheat collection or does it need some final tweaking?
Thanks, and sorry about the sudden flood of people (didn't even notice until late last night). I believe the cheat is in somewhat of a workable state (lots of prevention type stuff to fix for certain events that do not support these characters) to be added to the cheat collection (minus the Smoke Dash Throw move) if you don't mind updating it once more when it is completed (this could take a while solo). I guess just make sure to add detailed comments about where to enable the character modifier cheat (the existing one you have already), what issues that cheat set to values beyond 0x0B causes on certain screens (main post), etc... I really had no clue there would be such a reaction from the community (I'm amazed one still exists! :P) to this game finally getting the hacking attention it deserved. I am happy that everyone is enjoying the work I've done on it so far.