time crisis Helicopter bug/cheat

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
angry_mona

time crisis Helicopter bug/cheat

Post by angry_mona »

Hi all.

I have a colleague that got for the office a Time Crisis with the gun and everything!, this got me super excited as it brought me back so many child memories and now trying to do again my record there, but getting stuck on the helicopter with the bug that can be hit only on a special part of the tail, and is getting very frustrating and also ruining my record times :)

I want to see if there's anything that can be done to improve that cheat to leave it always enabled, don't know much or why is nasty, or why is better to turn it off if not in use.

--------------------------
<cheat desc="Hit Helicopters Anywhere"> <comment>Note, this cheat is quick and nasty and may have side effects so turn it off when not in use</comment>
<script state="on">
<action>temp0 =maincpu.md@00C396</action>
</script>
<script state="run">
<action>maincpu.md@00C396=60000594</action>
</script>
<script state="off">
<action>maincpu.md@00C396=temp0 </action>
</script>
</cheat>
--------------------------

If the nastiness of the cheat is because if modified that space in memory of the rom the whole time, would it be possible to disassemble the ROM, make that change and assemble it again? As we don't have a keyboard and mouse connected to the machine all the time is a bit tricky to pause, enable the cheat, kill the heli, pause, disable the cheat.

Thanks for any help, I'm happy if I'm directed to some docs to read and try to help on fixing this :)

Mona (that is not a girls name, but monkey)
Pugsy

Re: time crisis Helicopter bug/cheat

Post by Pugsy »

I made that cheat several years back.....I think the "Note, this cheat is quick and nasty and may have side effects so turn it off when not in use" statement is a get out on my behalf. I made the cheat but I didn't check to see if it had any side effects in the rest of the game - it's quite possible that it has no effect on the rest of the game so could quite possibly be left on without any side effects.

Here's my original post:-

viewtopic.php?t=4525

As you can see I had a cold so didn't fully test them...
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
angry_mona

Post by angry_mona »

Perfect, I'm testing this for you then! :)
ark216

Post by ark216 »

Pugsy wrote:I made that cheat several years back.....I think the "Note, this cheat is quick and nasty and may have side effects so turn it off when not in use" statement is a get out on my behalf. I made the cheat but I didn't check to see if it had any side effects in the rest of the game - it's quite possible that it has no effect on the rest of the game so could quite possibly be left on without any side effects.

Here's my original post:-

viewtopic.php?t=4525

As you can see I had a cold so didn't fully test them...
Greetings Pugsy,
I want to use cheats for the MameUI64 and seemingly unable to.The first cheat i want to use is for Time Crisis "Hit Helicopter Anywhere" I downloaded the latest cheat table from the website and followed the instructions by googling https://www.wikihow.com/Add-Cheats-to-MAME. I used the cmd line and added the mame -cc but the cmd is not accepting the syntax and hence the .ini file does not get generated.

I would like to know if there is an another way to get the cheats working? Is there anything i could have missed out/overlooked and would like to know as such.Probably some mistakes in the cmd line? My path for MameUI64 in Win7 64 bit would be:

E:/GAMES 2/mameui64/

Help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!
ark216

Post by ark216 »

Bump!
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

I don't personally use mameui, but you can try this from inside mameui

Options>Default System Options select Miscellaneous Tab and make sure "Enable Cheats" is ticked

and then

Options>Directories and make sure Cheats is set to cheat

then just make sure that you have

E:/GAMES 2/mameui64/cheat.7z
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)