Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter secret character select

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
rbtady

Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter secret character select

Post by rbtady »

Would someone be able to help me with how to use the secret character select cheat on Marvel Super Heroes vs street fighter? For example, I wait until the character select screen and then use the dip switch menu to go to the cheats click on the the Set armored spider man (mshvsf:0:FF3853:32:000:Use Armor Spider-Man Pos.1 PL1). and do the same for my second position player , for example (mshvsf:0:FF4053:2A:000:Use Sunburned Sakura Pos.2 PL1), but then when the round starts it goes back to the character that the cursor was over in the select screen. Is there a button I need to activate or does this cheat no longer work?
rbtady

Re: Marvel Super Heroes Vs Street Fighter secret character select

Post by rbtady »

Oh, I wanted to share that this is with mame on retroarch. Could this be the issue?
jman

Post by jman »

Secrect character codes for mshvsf work fine in the latest MAME (0.242) + official database based on 0.221.
If other codes (infinite time, energy, power etc) don't work, your cheat database will be out of support in retroarch. Grab appropriate package from download page.
If other codes work, cheat engine will be different from official MAME. Ask the forum for retroarch.

Anyway, my suggest is that you should use official MAME and the latest database.
rbtady

Post by rbtady »

Thank you. I did that and have it working on my pc. I also figured the issue on the retroarch mame. I needed to go to input and activate legacy setting and change the ui select button. It was initially set to a kick button so every time I tried to activate the cheat it would select the character before activating the chest.