cant cheat...? cheat option doesn't appear when I hit tab..?

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
Lincold desu

cant cheat...? cheat option doesn't appear when I hit tab..?

Post by Lincold desu »

I don't get it but,, I can't cheat on my MAMEUIFX 0.145..
I did paste on the same directory as the MAME.exe and I did paste it also on the cheats folder,, ohhh, and I also did some screw attacks on mame.ini (you know,, the cheatpath thing).
Lastly, I also enable cheats on the default game options right at the miscellaneous section.
anyways,, here's what I put at the cheatpath thing;

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\MAME\cheat
please tell me if I did something wrong or was I wrong inputting the code on the cheatpath thing or something else that I overlooked or whatever..

Please give specific instructions and thanks in advance :D
arigatogozaimasu!! desu!! :D
Pugsy

Re: cant cheat...? cheat option doesn't appear when I hit ta

Post by Pugsy »

Moved to the correct forum......MAME Cheats is for cheat posts only.

Follow the instructions in the cheat.txt file...

It's pointless adding the full path to mame.ini if you have copied the cheat.7z file to the same dir as the mame exe.

BTW, not that it matters but as there are spaces in C:\Program Files (x86)\MAME\cheat you should surround it with quotes like so:- "C:\Program Files (x86)\MAME\cheat" but just keeping the cheatpath to the default 'cheat' (without the quotes) should be sufficient.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)