[ddsom] hit anywhere: invalid

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
invincibility

[ddsom] hit anywhere: invalid

Post by invincibility »

Hi.

Just report an error, the cheat hit anywhere in game ddsom is invalid in mame 0.168 and mame 0.175.

When I tried in mame 0.157 it's valid.

Could this error be fixed?
crazyc

Re: [ddsom] hit anywhere: invalid

Post by crazyc »

It doesn't get reported as invalid for me. Are you using an old cheat archive?
invincibility

Post by invincibility »

Hit anywhere in game batcir is invalid, too. They are both cps2 games...
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Saying it is "Invalid" is confusing - "invalid" is a valid error, and those cheats are not invalid.( confusing enough ;) )
However, the cheats no longer have any effect....they don't let you hit anywhere.

I've looked at the problem and indeed there is no way of poking the memory locations with the default cheat engine as how the memory is accessed has been changed....grrrr.

There is a solution and it's another +1 for the plugin cheat engine as it allows you to poke "decrypted_opcodes" which is what is now needed, I don't think there is anyway of back converting the following cheats to XML though sadly. It seems the debugger based poking is dying around our ears, unfortunately it's desirable for cheats like this to be pokeable via the debugger as they have to be made with the debugger rather than any RAM cheat finding and not being able to test them in real time is a big downer.

Add to a file called ddsom.json in your cheat dir, and use the plugins/cheat menu:-

Code: Select all

[{

"space":{
      "maincpup":{
        "tag":":maincpu",
        "type":"decrypted_opcodes"
      }
    },
    "desc":"Hit Anywhere",
    "script":{
      "off":" maincpup:write_direct_u16(0x0262a2,temp0)  maincpup:write_direct_u16(0x0262d8,temp1)  maincpup:write_direct_u16(0x026302,temp2) ",
      "run":" maincpup:write_direct_u16(0x0262a2,0x6002)  maincpup:write_direct_u16(0x0262d8,0x6002)  maincpup:write_direct_u16(0x026302,0x6002) ",
      "on":" temp0 =maincpup:read_direct_u16(0x0262a2)  temp1 =maincpup:read_direct_u16(0x0262d8)  temp2 =maincpup:read_direct_u16(0x026302) "
    }
  },{
    "space":{
      "maincpup":{
        "tag":":maincpu",
        "type":"decrypted_opcodes"
      }
    },
    "desc":"One Hit Kills",
    "script":{
      "off":" maincpup:write_direct_u16(0x026494,temp0) ",
      "run":" maincpup:write_direct_u16(0x026494,0x4269) ",
      "on":" temp0 =maincpup:read_direct_u16(0x026494) "
    }
  }]

There is another solution to this if you try one of the phoenix bootlegs like ddsomud, then it won't use the decrypted_opcodes area and the cheats should work as they stand.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
invincibility

Post by invincibility »

Sorry for the confusing, my bad English.

Yeah it works, thanks pugsy.

However, I think json format is a little complex... I request a guide to study it.