time crisis Helicopter bug/cheat

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
angry_mona
CheatFinder Private

time crisis Helicopter bug/cheat

Postby angry_mona » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:44 am

Hi all.

I have a colleague that got for the office a Time Crisis with the gun and everything!, this got me super excited as it brought me back so many child memories and now trying to do again my record there, but getting stuck on the helicopter with the bug that can be hit only on a special part of the tail, and is getting very frustrating and also ruining my record times :)

I want to see if there's anything that can be done to improve that cheat to leave it always enabled, don't know much or why is nasty, or why is better to turn it off if not in use.

--------------------------
<cheat desc="Hit Helicopters Anywhere"> <comment>Note, this cheat is quick and nasty and may have side effects so turn it off when not in use</comment>
<script state="on">
<action>temp0 =maincpu.md@00C396</action>
</script>
<script state="run">
<action>maincpu.md@00C396=60000594</action>
</script>
<script state="off">
<action>maincpu.md@00C396=temp0 </action>
</script>
</cheat>
--------------------------

If the nastiness of the cheat is because if modified that space in memory of the rom the whole time, would it be possible to disassemble the ROM, make that change and assemble it again? As we don't have a keyboard and mouse connected to the machine all the time is a bit tricky to pause, enable the cheat, kill the heli, pause, disable the cheat.

Thanks for any help, I'm happy if I'm directed to some docs to read and try to help on fixing this :)

Mona (that is not a girls name, but monkey)

Pugsy
CheatFinder General
CheatFinder General

Re: time crisis Helicopter bug/cheat

Postby Pugsy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:51 am

I made that cheat several years back.....I think the "Note, this cheat is quick and nasty and may have side effects so turn it off when not in use" statement is a get out on my behalf. I made the cheat but I didn't check to see if it had any side effects in the rest of the game - it's quite possible that it has no effect on the rest of the game so could quite possibly be left on without any side effects.

Here's my original post:-

viewtopic.php?t=4525

As you can see I had a cold so didn't fully test them...
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 ;-)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.187 XML cheat collection 7 JULY 2017) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0dvubha3b ... at0187.zip (ZIP Archive 1826 KB)

angry_mona
CheatFinder Private

Re: time crisis Helicopter bug/cheat

Postby angry_mona » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:00 am

Perfect, I'm testing this for you then! :)

Return to “Cheat Engine Help”