Question for Pugsy about Select type Rom cheats

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
zakria

Question for Pugsy about Select type Rom cheats

Post by zakria »

Hello Pugsy,
I am learning about finding rom cheats with debugger.First your guideline Dynamic cheat search with debugger Samurai Shodown is helpful.Thanks Pugsy
Second Abystus guide me very much about rom cheats search with debugger.Anystus,Thanks a lot of about your help.I appreciate your efforts about guide me.
3rd.Syndromtr Holy cheats guideline is also helpful.Thanks Syndromtr.
Pugsy,Mostly select stage,select character rom cheats find with ram cheats,Example wp 108429, 1,rw.I request you some cheats i am not able to find any ram cheats.
You fulfil my requests with very clean rom cheats.These 3 links of that requests.

1 World Heroes perfect Select ending
viewtopic.php?t=3197

2 Ninja Combat Select Stage
viewtopic.php?t=3182

3 Altered Beast Select Beast
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3358

Pugsy,I know you have a lot of hacking knowledge.I want ask you how you find these 3 select type cheats without ram cheat.
If you don,t mind,please guide in detail with example.I am really grateful to you if you share your knowledge about select type dynamic rom cheats.Thanks in advance.
Pugsy

Re: Question for Pugsy about Select type Rom cheats

Post by Pugsy »

All ROM select cheats will be based on a RAM address, it's just a matter of finding the RAM address it is using.

1 World Heroes perfect Select ending

The ending is based on which character you are playing with, so if you playing as a P1 then the select character address is 106004

so if you go to the last level and set
wp 106004,1,r
you will stop on the right address as it reads the character you are to select the ending.

2 Ninja Combat Select Stage

RAM address for stage is 101801, but you need to poke it rapidly so its not buggy hence the reason for ROM poking

wp 101801,1,w

3 Altered Beast Select Beast

Select Beast is a RAM cheat....
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
zakria

Re: Question for Pugsy about Select type Rom cheats

Post by zakria »

Thanks Pugsy for explain.Sorry i means Altered Beast Select Perm. Level Character Type Rom cheat.wp FFF142, 1,rw but breakpoint not stop on 48CE anyway.If you don,t mind can you explain this how you find Select Perm. Level Character Type rom cheat?