Cheat Lua plugins errors.......

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
DjDiabolik

Cheat Lua plugins errors.......

Post by DjDiabolik »

I have update my Mameui to 0.217........ right now every time i try to play a roms i have the cheat .xml file it's appears an errors on screen.. it's say:

I press OK and roms start but not at fullscreen........ how i can fix this issue ?
chunli_fm_hack

Re: Cheat Lua plugins errors.......

Post by chunli_fm_hack »

Last edited by chunli_fm_hack on Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

I don't have understand..... i need to set on general menu toggle fullscreen and command? how command i need to put ?
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Sounds like there maybe an issue with one or more of the cheats that are being loaded via the plugins menu.

Which game are you running when you get these errors?
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
DjDiabolik

Post by DjDiabolik »

Pugsy wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:22 pm Sounds like there maybe an issue with one or more of the cheats that are being loaded via the plugins menu.

Which game are you running when you get these errors?
No.... but whit some users i have found a solution.....

Also here i have open an issue on mamedev github:
https://github.com/mamedev/mame/issues/ ... -570923905

I need to say.... i'm not use the files picked from your fantastic site but, to learn how it worked, i have search and found all cheat myself using the command included in internal debugger.
When you found the corrent memory address from command "cheatlist <file>" the debugger write the result on a file .xml.

The result using this strings:

Code: Select all

CUT CUT
      <action>:maincpu.ppb@C121=FF</action>
CUT CUT

I have look the cheat206.7z.... in all file .xml the carachters ":" it's not present......... infact i have edited all my xml files and remove the ":" and right now the "cheat" lua plugins can load all my xml cheat whitout any problems.

If you look on github..... currently the main files of cheat plugins as obtain a commit apparently resolved this issue :)

*EDIT*
always to learn.... i'm really interested right now how it's works the cheatfind plugins but i can't found any documentation of any help on internet...... can you help to found somethings ?