CHEAT.SIMPLE only works on segacd machine, but not Genesis! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
jmon

CHEAT.SIMPLE only works on segacd machine, but not Genesis! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jmon »

PROBLEM: Okay, I think QMC2 is the issue because Sega CD games STILL load through direct MAME call (NO QMC2)...actually I remembered this was another reason that Sega CD machine needed to work, so I could test if it was ALL cheats or just genesis cheats mysteriously stopped working....it only works on segacd machine, but not Genesis! :lol: LUA ERROR: in menu_callback: plugins/cheat/cheat_simple.lua:77:attempt to concatenate a nil value (local 'addr'). :roll:
jmon

Re: CHEAT.SIMPLE only works on segacd machine, but not Genesis! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jmon »

I upgraded to 226 release...and found that starting from (growl) scratch through cheatfinder worked; if cheatfinder's INSTALLATION instance has not already found f##k cheat already VERY SAME :o :evil: :x address/value-paired code won't work (including FRESH REINSTALLS). SO KEEP AN EXACT "SHADOW COPY" OF LAST MAME STATE AFTER IT SHUTS DOWN! :x :o :( :roll: :wink: