Help with Metal Slug 3

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
Jascias

Post by Jascias »

Ok this is a little hard to explain but here goes. I'm using unomame, I like this version because It allows the use of turbo on my buttons. My problem is pugsy's cheat dat that works with mslug3 does not work with mslug3n. In using unomame, mslug3 does not work, in that I can hear the game but the screen is all mess up. When I hit the tab button in this version (mslug3) then click on the cheats. It show that it supports them. But can't play because of the screen problem. On the other hand I can play the version (mslugn) but when I hit the tab button, No Cheats supported. Is there any way to get this working. Thanks for any help.

JASCIAS
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

In the cheat.dat file, make another copy of all the lines starting with "mslug3:(something)", then change the copied lines to read "mslug3n:(something)". This will let you use the cheats for mslug3 with mslug3n.
Jascias

Post by Jascias »

Thanks for the help ianpatt. But what program do I use to open the dat file. I'm not a newbie, I just don't know.

JASCIAS
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

You can use any program that can edit text files. Notepad or WordPad will work, just make sure you save the file in plain text format (not RTF or Word.)
Jascias

Post by Jascias »

Its ok ianpatt. I figure out what program to use right after I asked you. Its working now. Thank a lot for you help, as I never could have figure out where to start. Got to go play now. (Man!) How I love these metal slug games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jascias on 2001-12-29 21:42 ]</font>