Cheat menu problem on 0.106u1

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
ShimaPong

Cheat menu problem on 0.106u1

Post by ShimaPong »

Pressing tab when displayed the cheat menu hidden it temporarily on previous version. It's NOT "UI Cancel" (ESC). So pressing tab again opens the cheat menu directly instead of the general menu. Especially, the search menu is opened over and over again during the code search. So this "quick open or close for a specific menu with 1 key" is very useful function.

On 0.106u1, the cursor becomes invisible but the menu oneself remains. In this case, you can hidden it with pressing "UI Select" (Enter) but all input never work afterwards.

But no problem on other menus (input, info etc). I don't know why the cheat menu only has the above issue.

Anyway, I have gotten back to 0.601. I think this problem is related to start the video update in this version. So I wish it is "temporal".
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

Yeah, I haven't had a chance to take a look at the code yet, but it's almost guaranteed to be caused by the video rewrite. I'll take a look tomorrow.
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

On 0.106u2 with new render system, this problem has still remains.

Another display problem.

Code: Select all

:gamename:00000001:1234:00000056:FFFFFFFF:Get 78 Now !
On previoius version, "Get 78 Now ! activated" is displayed soon when you set the above code. But no message on 0.106u1. In this case, this message appears at last when you close tab menu (select "Return to Game" on general menu).

A message display via cheat engine seems to have this problem. (eg search result, database reload etc)
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

On 0.106u3, display problem has not been corrcted yet.

And 3rd problem. All watchpoints disappear during the tab menu opend.
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

After getting familiar with the new rendering code, it looks like it's still very much under development. I'll take a look again once things have calmed down; many things are changing with each 'u' patch.

Thanks for the bug reports, though, I will make sure these are fixed once the render core is more stable.
ianpatt

Post by ianpatt »

Aaron said he's fixed these issues in u5, let me know if there's anything still unresolved.
ShimaPong

Post by ShimaPong »

Thanks a lot, Ian and Aaron !
I have tested 0.106u5.
  • Cheat_file option problem - Fixed !
  • The Input problem on the cheat menu - Fixed !
  • The popup message display problem - Fixed !
  • Watchpoint problem - Not Fixed...
It has still remained on this version that the watchpoint via the cheat engine disappears during the menu opened.