Pokemon Fire Red Help

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
xcowsx

Pokemon Fire Red Help

Post by xcowsx »

Right, I realize that this is a MAME based forum...but I think someone might be able to help me with this.

I have Visualboy Advance (GBA Emulator), and Cheat Engine, and while surfing the net for help with my Pokemon Game (YES I play them, Good games, lame show) I came across a list of obvious cheat engine codes to auto summon monsters.

The problem is, I have absolutely NO IDEA what to do with them!!
So, My request is that someone figure it out, and show me how.

If anyone helping wants the Cheat list or the VisualBoy program, just email me and i can send them both. (Both scanned by AVG and SpyBot)

Thanks Lots
XxCowSxX
MOOM
OOMO
OMOO
MOOM
OOMO
OMOO
kelvSYC

Post by kelvSYC »

The cheat engine in VBA is not as advanced as the MAME cheat engine for one - it can only take in simple writes, as well as GameShark and CodeBreaker codes. Furthermore, GameShark and CodeBreaker compatibility is incomplete on the PC version (and it doesn't work at all on the Mac due to endianness issues).

The PC version allows you to save your cheats in a binary format, but the program has a limit of 100 cheats (by that I mean 100 lines of GameShark, CodeBreaker, or writes).

Using these codes on Pok?mon is another thing altogether - it's been discovered that there is extensive checksumming, relative addressing, and XOR encryption in the game, which will either need a CheatScript-like construct (to go with the flow) or a ROM hack to disable the checksumming, XOR encryption, and relative addressing. Difficult to do, but it can be done.
kelvSYC's Guide to the Cheat Engine - http://members.shaw.ca/kelvsyc/cheatguide.html

The New Move List Cheat Collection - http://mamecheat.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=6469

Underscore Command - What better game is there?