What happened to watchpoints in 0.113?

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
Heihachi_73

What happened to watchpoints in 0.113?

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Just upgraded to 0.113, and hitting W as usual on values doesn't bring anything up the top as expected. Inside the "Configure Watchpoints" area they're all listed and enabled but nothing displays at the top.

It could be just my original settings or something else stuffing everything up - it doesn't even say "returned nnnn results" at the bottom when searching.

IMO the interface has regressed since the design was last changed - I can't even find the "Select Memory Areas" part to disable the 20 second wait in the PSX based games - I only need to look at active RAM (<0x3FFFFF) for stuff!
Pugsy

Re: What happened to watchpoints in 0.113?

Post by Pugsy »

Heihachi_73 wrote:Just upgraded to 0.113, and hitting W as usual on values doesn't bring anything up the top as expected. Inside the "Configure Watchpoints" area they're all listed and enabled but nothing displays at the top.
THis has been an issue for a while, they are displayed but they are not displayed if you have any of the UI menus displayed at the same time.
It could be just my original settings or something else stuffing everything up - it doesn't even say "returned nnnn results" at the bottom when searching.
Same thing, if you press TAB quickly enough the menu will hide and you will see the number of results returned. THis is something Aaron has implemented :(
IMO the interface has regressed since the design was last changed - I can't even find the "Select Memory Areas" part to disable the 20 second wait in the PSX based games - I only need to look at active RAM (<0x3FFFFF) for stuff!
This is something I had a problem a few months back, just hit RETURN on the CPU option in the search menu and the memory areas will pop up for that CPU. It's actually quite sensible but as it wasn't documented it was just a pain until you find out.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.259 XML cheat collection (6 OCTOBER 2023) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/q4dHGZ6K#i-EUiqIjH ... KMz7hnbTfw (ZIP Archive 3.76MB)
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Thanks for the info, all is well in the cheating world again! :lol:

One thing which used to be annoying with the UI text is when you recorded a video - it also saved the text REC START at the bottom in the video if you didn't pause it.
RedBeam

Re: What happened to watchpoints in 0.113?

Post by RedBeam »

Pugsy wrote:This is something I had a problem a few months back, just hit RETURN on the CPU option in the search menu and the memory areas will pop up for that CPU. It's actually quite sensible but as it wasn't documented it was just a pain until you find out.
Sorry, Pugsy, I apologize!
The CPS2 smasher

My troopers are skilled, but I'm supreme!!!

(Modest, huh? ;) )