Mame Cheats Online

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
Aequitas

Mame Cheats Online

Post by Aequitas »

Hey All,

I just figured out how to add/edit cheats using the cheat.dat file. My question is does it only work when you're playing against the computer? I was playing my friend in marvel super heroes vs street fighter and I wanted to show off Cyber Akuma. When I selected him using the cheat, my friend said he did not see cyber akuma but some other character. The odd thing is that I can see him whooping his guys, but he does not. Does network cheating not work or is it more of a syching problem? This being said, he does not have the cheat.dat file on his computer. Thanks
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

Even though you've probably forgotten entirely about this site, network cheats do not work on the other person's computer unless they also have the same cheats enabled on their end.

If it was a character select cheat it is impossible to view on their end unless they enable the Cyber Akuma cheat too.

If I was to do a network game in MSH vs SF and I chose "Ken" with the character cheat on as "Cyber Akuma", on the other end it would still load me as Ken since the cheat isn't enabled on their side. If that works... Tekken player here. :)