Infinite Time for [sftm]

If you are having problems finding or using cheats for an Emulator (particularly MAME/MESS) or have found a trick that you wish to share this is the place to do it. But please read the Cheat FAQ first.
mcpeep

Infinite Time for [sftm]

Post by mcpeep »

; [ Street Fighter: The Movie (v1.12) ]
:sftm:00000000:00715F:000000##:FFFFFFFF
:sftm:00000000:007321:000000##:FFFFFFFF

Both of these address are in sync with the time but when I
freeze the values to 63(99) the timer runs out and I get game over.

I'm new to mame cht finding .. I've only been successful in using Quick Memory Editor to get infinite time and life for "drill Milkly punch" a japanese dojin (for the fans of dMp out there when you kill that ugly pink monster in time attack you only get 10pts WTF!!! and then the characters loop except for the bosses )

Thanks in advance
Heihachi_73

Post by Heihachi_73 »

If it doesn't like it, it might be better making a 'freeze timer' cheat. Depending on the game, these can actually work better - in Super Mario 1, the infinite time cheat has to be disabled at the end of the stage, but with a freeze timer cheat, it doesn't need to.

I killed Quick Memory Editor when Pugsy (all hail!) directed me to a program called Cheat Engine. It's also freeware with no nags.
MRMIdAS

Post by MRMIdAS »

Have you tried other values?

some games hate being stopped at 99, 98 could work a lot better.

It also may be that the value 00 corresponds to 01 on the timer, so setting to 99 tries to force the timer to 100, causing the timeout.
Win if you can
Lose if you must
ALWAYS CHEAT!